janfredrik
Can't edit theme text
  • 2006/7/30 0:39

• janfredrik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/30

Hi!
First, i didn't follow the one sticky, becouse i dont think thats relevant here.

Here is my story.
I found a good theme here, and uploaded it, and now using it. Works great. But i want to edit the menu (not the usermenu or mainmeu, but a menu that is integrated on the theme.) and the footer.

So i opened the theme.html file in Dreamweaver and maked some changes.

But when i upload it, it is still as it were before. I have tried this with two themes, and deleted my cache in Firefox..

Some smart people out there with suggestions?
Thanks.

aph3x
Re: Can't edit theme text
  • 2006/7/30 1:19

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Most common "mistake" is forgeting to empty the files from the "templates_c" directory that caches XOOPS pages, so after editing the theme it is advised to open that directory.
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

snow77
Re: Can't edit theme text
  • 2006/7/30 1:36

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

and adding to what DefianceB0y said, also:

Set to Yes, the following option Check templates for modifications ? (turn off after making the theme changes) in Admin > System > Preferences > General Settings.

and don't delete index.html inside templates_c, just everything else that's there
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

janfredrik
Re: Cant edit theme text
  • 2006/7/30 11:08

• janfredrik

• Just popping in

Thanks for reply.
I did as you said, but when i deleted the files in the templates_c folder the page went blank, and i didn't touch the index.html file.
Weird.

janfredrik
  • 2006/7/30 21:37

• janfredrik

• Just popping in

Someone?

homergz
  • 2006/8/1 21:08

• homergz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

The page probably went blank because of the changes you made to the theme.html file. My suggestion is to restore the original file, set the "Check templates for modifications ?" to yes(as mentioned earlier), clear the templates_c folder again, and than start editing again. If you still are having trouble post that part of you theme.html file.

BDW
  • 2006/8/4 22:11

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

When i edited the theme.html I didnt need to delete any files in the templates_c directory.

All I did was switched on the "Check templates for modifications ?" before I made any changes. I then changed it back once I could see the changes and was happy.

I wouldnt delete anything in the templates_c directory simply because I dont know much about it yet.

homergz
  • 2006/8/5 4:56

• homergz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

You can safely delete all the files in the templates_c folder EXCEPT index.html. If you are still having the blank page problems there are several FAQ's and threads dealing with that. I still suggest restoring your original theme.html file as it seems that all your problems started when you edited it.

blindman
  • 2006/8/5 7:29

• blindman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/26

If you deleted template_c folder content and get blank page, try to update system in admin.
You have to delete db....theme.html.php in template_c folder anyway, for modifications of theme.html to take place. I think the blank page is because of other template file deletion. Just update the system module. It should be ok.
Don't follow me. I'm lost too.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits