keithschm
Quick question (Can users create their own simple page?)
  • 2006/8/4 18:41

• keithschm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/4 1

with this CMS can a user create there own homepage. Kinda like a my space. I want my users to be able to make a simple page that others can view. Kinda like a personal site builder,

[size=x-small][Edit by Bender] Subject modified. Please use meaningfull subject lines. Thanks.[/size]

Swain
Re: Quick question
  • 2006/8/4 20:44

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

You can use XOOPS for that. Make sure you have Extended Profiles and User Page. Extended Profiles will make sure that folks can put in as much info on themselves as they want. Second, install User Page by Hervet. You can download it at:
http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=145

I understand Hervet is about to come out with a new version soon. Other modules that may come in helpful are Friend Finder, and something like PHP121 (not sure it exists yet). There is a friends list module also in development, and you will want to pick that up also.

I am considering setting up my own MySpace type site as it occurs to me one could take MySpace on with a good enough setup (set a site up like the old Geocities with websites for folks but add the stuff MySpace has)

Swain

Login

Who's Online

470 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 470

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits