bbutkins
Modules Uploaded - Missing in Admin Control Panel
  • 2006/7/31 19:58

• bbutkins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

I have used older version of XOOPS before and have installed one (1)module with the new version (2.0.14).

BUT I have just uploaded (3) modules to the module folder and none on them appear in the Admin panel...where I would normally install the mod in the Admin panel, there are no modules...I restarted Apache, which did not help...
any ideas?

Thanks

jensclas
Re: Modules Uploaded - Missing in Admin Control Panel

Are you certain you extracted and uploaded the correct folder? (remember some modules download with extra files that you do not need to upload) Check the FAQ's on modules. There's a link there to a tutorial. It would also depend on which modules you are uploading - have they been updated for 2.0.14? Some older ones may not work. You can find recent releases in the news section and on XOOPS forge and other sites linked from the release notes on XOOPS 2.0.14.

metropolis

Recently I installed a module (can't remember its name) that had a .htaccess file in its root directory that contained some rewrite rules which didn't work on my hosting environment but also caused the whole module directory to be "invisible".

After deleting that file, everything works OK, so check if you have a .htaccess file in your module distribution.

bbutkins
  • 2006/8/1 20:35

• bbutkins

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply. I will follow your suggestions.
I believe I did everything correctly, but here is more info:

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14

Module Name/Version:
None of these are visible:
1. modxoopsinfo (I just uploaded this one;still invisible)
2. xoopspoll
3. newbb (forum/bulletin)
4. myalbum

PHP Version: 4.3.8

MySQL Version: 3.23.49

Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/4.3.8

Operating System: Red Hat 7.2? or 7.1?
Theme you are using: fyMidgreenX2
Custom template: (Yes/No)no
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:

A full description of the issue:
I must be uploading to the correct directory, since I have a Formalize module in the same directory path that works fine. I am also running another XOOPS web site on the same server without any problems.

jensclas

Please check this FAQ and these tutorials. Finally make sure the modules you are trying to install are in fact updated to suit 2.0.14.

bbutkins
  • 2006/8/3 15:20

• bbutkins

• Just popping in

I read all FAQ's, all docs, to no avail. I must have a bad XOOPS install, although no error was indicated during install. I used modules compatible with 2.0.14, for example:
MyAlbum - Platform: XOOPS 2.0.x
New BB2 - Platform: XOOPS 2.0.x

None of the above modules even appear under the Admin panel, even though they are uploaded to the /modules directory at the web root.

I should probably delete all files and start over??
Lots of work to trash if I do that...

Bob

homergz
  • 2006/8/3 18:42

• homergz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

I had a similar problem when I accidentally deleted a module from the modules folder before uninstalling it in admin. Just a thought.

jensclas

ok...another idea...what ftp program are you using???
I used one and had problems with it and now use Smart ftp without a hitch...

and another...check all the files in the modules folder (eg My album) on your yoursite...against the ones in the download that you started with....any missing???

bbutkins
Re: Modules Uploaded - Missing in Admin Control Panel - FIXED NOW
  • 2006/8/4 13:36

• bbutkins

• Just popping in

I deleted the web folder and started over, with a fresh install of XOOPS. It works perfect now. I can see all the modules as soon as I upload them, and they install perfectly.

Even though I received no error messages during install, I must have had corruption somewhere...

Thanks for all of your help.
Bob

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits