Gollum
Problem with 2.0.14: How to make blocks vissible for guests?
  • 2006/7/31 19:41

• Gollum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

In an older version of XOOPS I had, could I select wich groups who could see which parts of my site. I looked everywhere (What I know of) and I can't find it in XOOPS 2.0.14. I tried to install the Usermanagement module from my old version of XOOPS, but that only shows a blank page on 2.0.14. What do I do to make the guests being able to see the blocks?

I would like if the Usermanagement module could be fixed to work on XOOPS 2.0.14 if possible. Or if another module alike could be recommended maybe. Like it is now, guests will see a almost blank site, only seeing the menu and login block. That doesn't work that well for me .

I have problems to find out how to make the admin section another theme also.. Like the old version of XOOPS I had installed.

Thanks on forehand for your answers.

jensclas
Re: Problem with 2.0.14: How to make blocks vissible for guests?

The administration document in XOOPS documentation should accurately lead you through this, as will the FAQ's on installation and beginners first steps which will lead you to visual tutorials.

Your permissions are set through admin-> groups, block visibility through admin->blocks etc. You select uploaded themes in admin preferences. Go to the faq section and themes and links to tutorials are there.

Gollum
  • 2006/7/31 20:24

• Gollum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

Ah.. Feeling me stupid now. It were there just infront of me. I just thought it was something there should be in the blocks section. Thank you for the answer, although it were so obvious. I will look in the administration document and/or FAQ next time I have a problem like this. In fact that is what I'm going to do about the admin theme thing.

I guess I should take a break making on it a bit :P. You have my permision to delete this post, if it's useless. Sorry.

jensclas

Don;t worry....I often have to 'look it up' before I do something to make sure I remember each step...it is not second nature to me to be able to go in and do whatever with my site because i don't do it on a daily basis. What is second nature is finding the info to make sure i am doing it right instead of relying on my incredibly poor memory

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits