mhpalm
Sidebar questions
  • 2006/7/28 18:16

• mhpalm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/25

Hi, I just set up XOOPS but I cant seem to find the .php file that contains the topbar and sidebar (bar with login info) do you know what file contains it? Thanks!

jensclas
Re: Sidebar questions

I am not sure 'side bar' is the correct terminology here, Have you seen the visiual introduction to XOOPS at the documentation site? Have you aslo looked at the admin manual and the FAQ section which has links to tutorials?

There are elements of XOOPS you need to be familiar with - there are modules, blocks and themes. Most themes give two or three column looks to your website. All moudules have selectable blocks to show on your website and through your XOOPS admin module->blocks you select where blocks will live. Lets say there are three columns. YOur main menu and login are by default in the 'left column'...but you can change them to the center or to the right....and if you really want to manipulate the way your menus work you will need to install a menu module like multimenu...

On the other hand if you wish to change the way your left column 'looks' then you need to look at your theme files. Look for the the document 'anatomy of a theme' and information about 'smarty templates' as this is where you would start to learn about these.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits