• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/29

Quote:

msdana wrote:
Quote:
when every theme suck

I'm sure with an attitude like that, the theme designers will line up to help

Well, if you read my first post, you will see something like this:
No offence to the makers, but they ARE ugly.
Im just being honest and said what I really mean, and if it sounded that harsh I apologise - because I know that making a theme is a tough job.

I'm using XOOPS for 1,5 year now and, like I said, I really don't like the themes. I think that theme designers like u people here should take a look at some of the PHP-Nuke themes, which I think they are awesome.

Im starting to explore PHP, and expect some of my own themes in the bright future.

Once again I apologise if I sounded harsh.

Cheers ;)

@claydoh - thanx for the info. I appreciate ;)

davidl2
Re: Xoops themes
  • 2006/7/27 12:56

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

So you've not checked some of the really nice ones from Xoopsdesign.com amongst others?

Mantooth
  • 2006/7/27 13:25

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

i wouldn't say that most of the themes are ugly. but I would say that most of the themes are a little too bland and simple. Personally, I like websites that stand out and have nice colors and graphics.

I remember somebody making a post a while back saying they were going to make some variations on montis themes. that sounds like a good idea and i might do that myself. just using his code and adding new graphics to them.

I hate Mortal Kombat

theFelix
  • 2006/7/27 14:07

• theFelix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/29

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
So you've not checked some of the really nice ones from Xoopsdesign.com amongst others?

Yeah I seen I think about every XOOPS Free theme site listed in here. Xoopsdesign.com themes are nice (the free ones), but they are oposite of what I want in a theme. I am looking for some nice, sleek, dark theme and all of these are just too simple or too white.

Premium themes, don't think so. I don't want to pay for the design, coz I have much smarter things to spend.

And one suggestion to Xoops.org - put the screenshots of EVERY theme on the Themes library. I am willing to help.

davidl2
  • 2006/7/27 15:37

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

theFelix wrote:
Quote:

And one suggestion to Xoops.org - put the screenshots of EVERY theme on the Themes library. I am willing to help.

Actually if you are really interested in helping on this, when the site gets updated in the near future - we may need people willing to assist in this ....

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits