Peekay
Re: Forum Confusion?
  • 2006/7/25 11:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

CBB allows you to view posts since last visit. Topics can scroll off the 'recent topics' block every half an hour on busy forums. So with this forum for example, someone who is currently on holiday will never know this topic existed. With CBB, the topic would appear in the posts since last visit list.

CBB also allows you to select the post number (e.g. #11, top right) and paste the link into another post. Very useful when directing people to other related posts. The only reason you can do this on Xoops.org is due to a hack.

With CBB, the IP address is shown in the body of every post when you are logged in as admin. No need for a drop down menu.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Bender
  • 2006/7/25 18:47

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:
Oh: @CBB-Devs: Why can't you rename your module folder to "cbb"?

(AFAIK !)
The cbb foldername was not changed since its the continuation of newbb2 and it supports the structure of newbb2 which has the advantage that old links and search engine results should still be working.

Of course you are right when you would argue that it will also have disadvantages ... but i guess thats with everything in life.

To all those having issues with the layout, look & feel of cbb: phppp has asked more then once for people interested in giving the templates a touch-up to contact him. So if you feel you have what it takes why not give it a try?
(not just rebuilding the exact newbb2 way but instead maybe creating something new based on newbb and cbb templates)

Anyone?

[size=x-small](phppp correct me if this is no longer true please )[/size]
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

snow77
  • 2006/7/25 20:27

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I'm going rather slow on this, but at least there is a work in progress and some ideas and things I want to do in mind with this module, I can't give dates but I will be giving something to the community soon related to cbb templates and graphics.

Bender
  • 2006/7/25 20:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Now i consider this good news knowing your past work
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

davidl2
  • 2006/7/25 20:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Thanks Snow.. it's nice seeing people doing things other than complaining.

Login

Who's Online

417 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 417

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits