justinisrael
embed blocks in non-xoops custom php

Hi, I just recently installed xoops, hoping I could find the functionality that hopefully one of you guys already understand.
I do not want to use XOOPS as my primary page, rather, I am already designing my custom site from scratch. I would, however, like to use XOOPS for its backend, admin, and database management. Here is a specific example to which I hope someone could suggest the quick solution.

For one, I installed the news module, and I would like to actually find where the block code exists, so that I can actually embed the Recent News Block in my own div layer on my front page. And, upon clicking headlines, users would then be linked to the standard XOOPS news module (as is default).
I don't want to use XOOPS for its frontend templating pages, but rather just its module functionality.

In a nutshell, where do I find the core php code for, say, the news block, so I can manual code that into my own custom index page?

Hopefully someone out there has done the work of figuring this out, so they can use xoops's awesome management functionality with ground up custom pages.

Thanks!
justin israel

Quest
Re: embed blocks in non-xoops custom php
  • 2006/7/22 10:27

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Hmmm, that seems like a lot of work. If not like reinventing the wheel. Couldn't you just wrap your content pages inside XOOPS using one of the Content modules like PageWrap etc? This way you could keep all the awesome capabilities of xoops. Not only present features but those future ones yet to come.

justinisrael
Re: embed blocks in non-xoops custom php

I just looked at what you are referring to, and found cjay Content 3. That would probably work, as long as it will completely support all of my php, div layers, css, and whatnot. I use external css sheets, javascript libraries, and php classes...
It actually sounds like MORE trouble to have to wrap all of my pages into XOOPS, as opposed to just embedding the block code, if that is even possible. I guess I will test this module out. I just had to have to move away from my current system of using dreamweaver, and its interactivity with my ftp.
So if I wrap pages, do I still have the ability to custom place the new block in a div layer of my choosing?

Login

Who's Online

450 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 450

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits