JayDC
Can't install any modules
  • 2006/7/21 21:16

• JayDC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

Okay I'm using PHP5 MYSQL5 IIS5 on a winXP machine, for local use only for developemnt.

I got around a ton of stops, blank pages, no admin login.. Now I'm really stuck.

I'm using the recommended XOOPS 2.0.13.2. I cannot install any modules, none, not even the ones that came with the package.

I keep gettting this error, no matter what module I try to install.

"Installing Forum

Unable to install newbb. Error(s):

Back to Module Administration page"

replace "newbb" with any of the modules..

plz help.. I've come so far....

JayDC
Re: Can't install any modules
  • 2006/7/21 21:37

• JayDC

• Just popping in

grrr.... seems I found the problem, but whats the solution?..

Looks like XOOPS does not write to the DB from the control panel. Not sure why, seems all the info in mainfile.php is correct, and it's reading the DB fine.. It's uing the root account for connection, so it should have the permission to update, actullay I know it does, since I was planning to us another popular CMS, but apon development, I could not get the features that I was looking for.

I'm scouring the FAQ as we speek looking for an answer, but if you have it, please post..

msdana
  • 2006/7/21 21:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Have you done a search to see how well MySLQ 5.0 works with XOOPS 2.0.13 and the modules?
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

JayDC
  • 2006/7/21 21:39

• JayDC

• Just popping in

no.. is that the problem, should I reinstall mysql4, and then redo the site?..

msdana
  • 2006/7/21 21:48

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

If it's a test site, I'd try that. Also, just an FYI: IIS can be a major pain in the I have several sites successfully running on IIS, but there is some tweaking involved with some modules.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

JayDC
  • 2006/7/21 21:48

• JayDC

• Just popping in

To answer my own question.. YES.. I'm reinstalling mysql, and xoops.. we will see if I still have problem.. fingers crossed..

JayDC
  • 2006/7/21 21:50

• JayDC

• Just popping in

Quote:

msdana wrote:
If it's a test site, I'd try that. Also, just an FYI: IIS can be a major pain in the I have several sites successfully running on IIS, but there is some tweaking involved with some modules.

Yeah.. this is a test site.. It will be finally hosted on a unix server, once I figure out how I want everything set..

jensclas

What did you use to indstall local service? here is what I discovered last night that might help you as i noticed this:

Quote:
I'm using the recommended XOOPS 2.0.13.2. I cannot install any modules, none, not even the ones that came with the package.

I installed wamp5 to use localhost to play- it has php 5 - XOOPS 2.0.13.2 does not work in it's downloaded form with PHP 5. You will need php 4 or some extra help to make 2.0.13 php5 compatable with the php5 environment

2.0.13.2 is also not the current release - 2.0.14 is and it is php 5 compatable. It is the one core and module developers are actively working on so 2.0.13 will soon be left behind. 2.0.14 is up to scratch with current php and MySQL etc.

So you have 2 choices
1.start with a fresh install of 2.0.14 or 2. change your environment so it has php4. Personally - I would do the first since that is the most up to date with what is happening and where XOOPS is heading. Since you have the right environment for it I would do it that way. hth

edit...you guys have trigger fingers...!you beat me to it all - started writing my post after 3!

msdana
  • 2006/7/21 21:59

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Yeah.. this is a test site.. It will be finally hosted on a unix server, once I figure out how I want everything set..

Then you need to get away from IIS and install Apache. As I said, you may need to tweak some modules to get them to run under IIS (I did). I wouldn't go through the trouble of doing that if it is going to be on a Unix server eventually.

Truly, RUN RUN RUN from IIS

JayDC
  • 2006/7/21 22:11

• JayDC

• Just popping in

Okay.. I reinstalled MySQL4, XOOPS 2.0.14.. Install when fine.. Still won't write to the DB from the admin menu.. It imported all the SQL sucessfully, and I added my admin account, but once I using the site, XOOPS doesn't write to the DB.. I checked the mainfile.php and all the information seems to be correct..

Login

Who's Online

439 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 439

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits