LaYkE
CSS files not loading?
  • 2006/7/21 12:18

• LaYkE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

Hi All,

Firstly i'm running PHP 5 & MySQL 5 on a Winbox.
Xoops installed perfectly with no problems and seems to work correctly also. Kudos to the dev team :)

The problem i'm having is with the templates. I've tried a few and while they upload and install correctly the website still reverts to the default. I have changed the option in the General settings to display the new templates. No matter which one I pick it doesn't change the layout nor the colours although it says it's loaded.

However, when I download the template again from the site I only get 1/2 the amount of files that I uploaded? I assume this is because they get unpacked and files moved about the place.

Any help appreciated.
Pete

LaYkE
Re: CSS files not loading?
  • 2006/7/21 12:19

• LaYkE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/21

Oh I did try the search function too but it looks like i'm alone on this one.

Forgot to add :: I have to unzip a few teomplates and rezip them to a .tar before the site would accept them. I don't know if this is a bug or not?

EDIT ::

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=208
Explained a fair bit. Although was kinda hard to find, can it be included in the next manual version?

What I should have been looking for is a Theme, not a template :) Doh!

Quest
Re: CSS files not loading?
  • 2006/7/21 12:29

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Edited:

Ha ha ha. I been dealing with Themes and totally foobared this one. Sorry bout that!

You have to clone the default templates in admin/system/templates. Then go to preferences/general settings and select the new template you just cloned from the default template. Select the newly named template as the template to load by default.

You can not edit the default template set. You have to do that in the cloned one.

HTH
Quest

Login

Who's Online

298 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 298

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits