XOOPS Version: 2.2.3
Module Name/Version: System
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: default
Custom template: (Yes/No) No
MySQL Debug Messages: no errors
A full description of the issue:

My install has been working very well for the past several months and the only bugs have been relatively minor. One of those bugs is the "Recent Comments" block. It simply won't display on any of my pages. I'm not an entire newbie and have tried all kinds of things and search google and XOOPS for help. I know it could be any number of things but I'm hoping someone will say "hey try this" and maybe it will fix it. I tested by adding comments (as a test user) but the page I have the "Recent Comments" block on doesn't show anything. In the months my site has been up, nothing has ever showed in that block. Any ideas?

Here's a snippet in the MySQL debug session showing the query calls. Seems okay to me and no errors are present:

[size=x-small]
SELECT * FROM L43BS1_xoopscomments WHERE (com_status = '2') ORDER BY com_created DESC LIMIT 0, 3
( 0.000792)
SELECT * FROM L43BS1_modules WHERE hascomments = '1'
( 0.000706)
SELECT * FROM L43BS1_users u, L43BS1_user_profile p WHERE u.uid = p.profileid AND uid = '85' LIMIT 0, 1
( 0.000646)
SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM L43BS1_tplfile f LEFT JOIN L43BS1_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_comments.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
( 0.000654)
SELECT * FROM L43BS1_tplfile WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_comments.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
( 0.000637)
SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM L43BS1_tplfile f LEFT JOIN L43BS1_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_comments.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
( 0.000491)[/size]

Thanks
"I'm going to see if this internet thing takes off" - someone told me this when I suggested he needed a website.

jensclas
Re: Recent Comments Block not working

What does your php debug say?

whooven
Re: Recent Comments Block not working
  • 2006/7/20 22:52

• whooven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

I was going to post that but...I just fixed it.

For the benefit of future searchers, here's what I did. I ran in PHP Debug mode and discovered a problem with the system_block_comments.html (db:system_block_comments.html not found or something). The fix was to go into module administration and update the system module. All the data is still there, etc, it just updated some of the core files. Works for me now.

Thanks for offering to help jensclas.
"I'm going to see if this internet thing takes off" - someone told me this when I suggested he needed a website.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits