n01un0
Module Usage Advice?????
  • 2006/7/19 3:56

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

I'm looking for a module simular to "What's New" but rather than a block output, I am wanting to send it to members as an email. I'm looking for something like the email "digest" you get from yahoo groups if your familiar with it.

I've tried evennews and cannot get it to work with 2.2.4 and PHP5 and xmail is not quite what I'm looking for either.

Am I overlooking a module? Is there any suggestions on what I can use or should try?

I just want to send weekly emails to members/employee's (it's a corporate portal) of all the new entries to CBB and downloads sections and maybe news.

Is the upcoming "smartmail" a module that will handle this?

Thanks in advance!!

davidl2
Re: Module Usage Advice?????
  • 2006/7/19 8:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

From my poor memory, CBB's digest will give you a text based version of newer posts.

If you then inserted that into SmartMail - this will probably do what you needed.

Best place for some feedback on SmartMail would be: http://www.smartfactory.ca - if theres something you need that it does't yet do - we can probably add it for a later version, or if it's particularly needed - perhaps for financial contribution

n01un0
Re: Module Usage Advice?????
  • 2006/7/19 20:07

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
From my poor memory, CBB's digest will give you a text based version of newer posts.

How do I do that? I dont see any option to do that. From what I have read through other threads, the digest is for threads that have to manually be marked "sticky" or digest or something and those are the ones used for email.

Not really the automated process that I'm looking for when it comes to a newsletter email for everything "new" since a certain date and for more than just forums.

As for a contribution, I would gladly donate what I can if I can get exactly what is needed in a quick amount of time .

I also know there are many others looking for the exact same feature after searching threads in regards to a "newsletter" so hopefully someone will help create a new one or port one that works with xoops.

Login

Who's Online

402 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 402

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits