wingls
install 2.0.14 freshly step ?
  • 2006/7/19 14:45

• wingls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Hi All Friend,

Plse advise if I do a total fresh ( not upgrade nor any dbase need to be upgrade at all ) install, what is the step, I'd read the xoops-2.0.14/release_note.txt, it only show as follow :

Installing XOOPS

1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php, cache, templates_c and uploads are writable by the webserver
3. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard

Question :
It's means just move the htdocs all file back ( ../ ) to root folder, and the question is when execute installation, i should usehttp://mydomain.com/ orhttp://mydomain.com/upgrade ? if i use the first method :http://mydomain.com to install this ver ( 2.0.14 ), after that do I need to run the upgrade again, and do I need to remove all content of upgrage folder after upgrade ? and do I need to remove xoops_md5.php & xoops_md5 also ?

Plse advise. Thanks in advance ! Cheers!

msdana
Re: install 2.0.14 freshly step ?
  • 2006/7/19 14:54

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php, cache, templates_c and uploads are writable by the webserver
3. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard

Do these three steps. There is no need to upload or run the upgrade, you are doing a fresh install.

Quote:
do I need to remove xoops_md5.php & xoops_md5 also ?

Information straight from the release notes:

Quote:
Files integrity check

XOOPS is now released with an experimental script able to check if all the system files were correctly uploaded to the server. To use it, follow these instructions:

1. Upload the xoops_md5.php and xoops.md5 files located in the XOOPS package root to your XOOPS server folder (putting them next to mainfile.php).
2. Execute xoops_md5.php with your browser
3. If necessary, re-upload the missing or corrupted system files
4. Remove xoops_md5.php and xoops.md5 from your server
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

wingls
  • 2006/7/19 15:02

• wingls

• Just popping in

Thanks msdana, very impress less than one minute, you'd already reply me, what a excellent service ! cheers! by the way, so does it means can I directly remove all content from /upgrade directory ? plse advise thanks ! & Gd nite!

Just execute installation process, but my window xp prompt me a lot of following example :
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mydomain/public_html/sg/install/class/textsanitizer.php on line 86
Plse advise. Thanks. msdana!

msdana
  • 2006/7/19 15:12

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/mydomain/public_html/sg/install/class/textsanitizer.php on line 86

They are coding notices, nothing to worry about. You can hide them by going to preferences and turn off debugging information. Error notices are what you need to worry about, if you have them

You don't even need to upload the upgrade directory, if you did, you can delete it.

[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

wingls
  • 2006/7/19 15:26

• wingls

• Just popping in

Thanks Brother ! It's really can work ! Cheers! GOOD NITE ! Expert !

msdana
  • 2006/7/19 15:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Glad to help...and I prefer Sister

No expert, just trying to help

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits