James49
Xoops/PHP Myspace Gold
  • 2006/7/19 8:38

• James49

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/11

Hi,
I found XOOPS because of a crap script I bought through popscript.com - I tracked the script they are selling to being a hack of Xoops. XOOPS seems much much better. I love the modules and versatility. I am however continuing to have the blank page problems with XOOPS that we were having with the popscript.com script. My other thread still did not get us any help here.

I still cannot install either script. popscript.com people are jerks though and their support sucks. I am about to reverse my credit card charge for their half assed no support script.

I have their last two versions of the script if you need it to see if they are illegaly distribuing your product. The latest verion of their script actually is encoded and you must use Source Guardian to use. Well, you really cannot use their product since it does not work and they have no support! ok, enough ranting about the low down no good people at postscript.com

So does XOOPS work with PHP 5? I have been working on the popscript script and XOOPS since July 4th wasting my time and my web hosts time. What is the problem with the blank pages?

James P. Williams
http://www.santacruzteenspace.com

davidl2
Re: Xoops/PHP Myspace Gold
  • 2006/7/19 8:43

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Xoops 2.0.14 works with Php5 - although some scripts will produce messages (not errors) if you have debugging enabled.

We've a number of FAQ's regarding blank pages - which can have a number of causes depending on server or XOOPS set up... best thing to do is to have a good look through them, and see what helps you there.

It's hard do say which version of XOOPS "popscript" is based on... without examing the code further. I've heard some people say that it's based on XOOPS 1 (which is very old) ... but I would suggest if you wish to try to upgrade to a newer version, please backup your site and database first.

In fact, it may be advised to attempt an upgrade on a local machine first...

Xoops 2.0.14 will upgrade from any version from 2.0.10 upwards (although XOOPS 2.2.x requires more work...) - so, so long as your site is based on this - upgrading may be quite easy.

davidl2
  • 2006/7/19 8:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

BTW: If anyone can advise the poster how to check what version of XOOPS Popscript is based on, it will help him in updating... and of course others who want the latest version

PS: Remember - if Popscript is based on XOOPS 1 - some modules may not be compatible... I would definately recommend a local install before upgrading on your server.

James49
  • 2006/7/19 9:39

• James49

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/11

Well, Randy Monroe from Postscript.com is now emailing me saying his script is not based on XOOPS and to stop my slander. My post is based on fact and is not slander! Their support is horrible and their script does not work.

The script has XOOP references all within it. Is this guy full of it or what?

He is monitoring the XOOPS forum for some reason. Why would he do this if his fake broken script was not based on Xoops?

Can anyone backup the fact that the PostScript.Com myspace gold script is based on your product?

Thanks!
James

davidl2
  • 2006/7/19 10:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Someone cleverer than myself (probably almost anyone ) would need to do a line-by-line comparisson against various XOOPS releases to make sure of the similarities.

CCRSC
  • 2006/7/19 12:16

• CCRSC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/19

Looking at their demo site (click here) I would say that one may be suspicious about their product not being based on XOOPS.

davidl2
  • 2006/7/19 12:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

That site does have Newbb_plus as a forum, which I am pretty sure is an eXoops module.

(eXoops - to save people quickly looking it up... is a fork of XOOPS version 1 - before we added Smarty to the system)

Therefore I wonder if it's eXoops or XOOPS based?

Lance_
  • 2006/7/19 15:11

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

The system looks very much put up on eXoops and not XOOPS v2.x.x. So in essence, they are correct in saying it isn't based on xoops. You could categorize it though as still being sleazy by omission. LOL

I googled for a couple of modules and even the basic naming makes sense. ecal and eblog would have been put out by exoops people. Here on xoops, modules developers would likely have named them xcal and xblog. hehe. The E has no reference here.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

scriptkiddie

I read in another forum not but 2 days ago that there are a couple of people that posted that AlstraSoft e-friends was also based on xoops.

Hay, maybe all the software on the internet is based on xoops. I mean hell, can you blame them? Its great software;0

davidl2
  • 2006/7/19 15:47

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

e-friends looks a bit more of an older system judging by the demo:http://www.alstrasoft.com/efriends.htm

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits