rsigmon
Blocks Don't Display
  • 2006/7/13 12:28

• rsigmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

Hi,

I'm trying to install XOOPS to evaluate it for potential use as an Intranet framework. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do so because blocks don't display. I found two posts that may be related to my issue. One has no replies, the other is titled "Problem with MySQL - Blocks not showing". The solution to that post didn't work in my environment. Recreating the database using a different collation caused the titles to disappear in addition to the block contents.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a solution? I'd be happy to provide additional information. It's my understanding that IIS and PHP5 aren't officially supported by Xoops, but that's what I have to work with. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

IIS v5.1
Xoops v2.0.14
MySQL v4.1.7-nt-max
PHP v5.0.2

jensclas
Re: Blocks Don't Display

Can you please tell us what version of XOOPS you are using, your modules and your themes?

rsigmon
  • 2006/7/14 11:56

• rsigmon

• Just popping in

The XOOPS version is 2.0.14. It is a standard install with the default theme. Nothing was added to the mix. Thanks for responding.

Torben
  • 2006/7/16 9:14

• Torben

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/10

I had a similar problem an entered a post on this. My solution was to change the database collation, but apparentlly that did not work for you. I assume you droped the tables an did a complete reinstall of XOOPS following the change to a Latin collation?

Anyway I found it valuable to switch on debugging mode, I have a link in my post on how to do that when you can't login as administrator.

If you do this, you will get a more precise error description to work on.

I also found posts suggesting that this problem could be caused by MySQL not having write access to a tmp folder.

Please look at what I found on the answer in my post:

Login block missing

Hope it will help you in some way!

rsigmon
  • 2006/7/21 14:44

• rsigmon

• Just popping in

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I was unable to resolve the issue.

jensclas

try a search on IIS v5.1 I recall some poeple commenting on issues with this setup...just a guess though!

EDIT: I just found this post by MSDana..very reliable Quote:
Then you need to get away from IIS and install Apache. As I said, you may need to tweak some modules to get them to run under IIS (I did). I wouldn't go through the trouble of doing that if it is going to be on a Unix server eventually.

Truly, RUN RUN RUN from IIS

in this thread here

msdana
  • 2006/7/22 0:52

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Thanks jensclas It's just my experience with IIS, I'm sure someone will come along and have a different story.

I *think*, but can't remember exactly (old age) that when I first installed XOOPS using IIS 5 and PHP5 that there was a mountain of problems. I'll double check with my web host (who is also my partner) when he becomes available. We eventually downgraded to PHP4 and MySQL 4.1.9 nt-max and it worked.

Try searching Google using IIS 5 and PHP5, I DO remember that's what we had to do to get things figured out.

I have several sites successfully running on IIS 5 and 6 after some tweaking here and there, but to be truthfully honest, the last couple of sites I've done, I decided to forego the free hosting and get a host who runs Unix. WOW! I'm so glad I did, less hassle! You will find users who don't have problems with IIS, but doing a Google search will bring up lots of issues.

Good luck!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits