Tobias
XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.
  • 2006/7/14 15:28

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

I'm a bit at a loss, and perhaps someone with a little more Xoopspertise can help me:

My webhost has changed owners, and they have migrated me to a new server. Now, the problem is that, after their automated migration routine, everything seems to work fine, and the site is up an running smoothly, ONLY a call to user.php when logged in (that is, we might rather be talking about modules/profile/userinfo.php) breaks with the XOOPS Path Check error. The same happens for users OTHER THAN Webmaster when trying to call a page in the Article module (the big one from China ) Webmaster sees the Article pages fine, but doesn't see user.php.

The site is in 2.2.4 on Apache (apparently 1.33) with PhP 5.14. I have checked about a zillion times whether the new physical and virtual paths are entered correctly in mainfile, and I've searched the entire database for references to root paths from the old server. There're none. I've "updated" (i.e. hit "update" in the modules management without uploading any new files to the server) the core modules as well as the Article module. I'm reasonably sure DNS entries have propagated by now (i.e. are pointing to the new server, at least when it comes to those which are in my way. I've flushed all caches on my computer, including DNS cache, and tried with all the different browsers I have installed.

*Edit*: I just noticed that the search function is also affected.

Additionally strange: I have some minor XOOPS installation hanging somewhere on the same server, which has also been migrated, and it works just fine, without the user.php problem. *Edit* I should say that that minor installation, hidden as it is from public viewing, has never been updated to 2.2.4. So It's still 2.2.3 final.

So, I'm pretty much at a loss and would be absolutely grateful for someone to give me a hint where I could look next. Thanks!
www.affvu.org

Tobias
Re: XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.
  • 2006/7/15 1:51

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Also: How do I actually temporarily disable the root path check function in 2.2.4?

It's set to '0' --> still gives the root path check error
It's commented out entirely --> still gives the root path check error
All of the above + the Protector pre and postcheck lines commented out --> still the same error

/cache/ and /templates_c/ flushed over and over, browser cache and everything, no proxy. ??

Plus, the installation pulls definitely on the mainfile.php I'm working on.

I don't understand a thing of what's going on here!
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 162

charlotte08,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!