Merijn_PU
I think my site may be hacked
  • 2006/7/13 12:13

• Merijn_PU

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

I've got no members except for myself. I am still able to login through www.www.ww/user.php yet now i can't reach the administration menu. It tells me I haven't the right.

I haven't the right?! ME?

My question: how do I counter this? (I have firewalls and virus- and malware scanner all over the place - McAfee to name but one). How do I get my $#$@# sitecontrol back?

Plz help

Bender
Re: I think my site may be hacked
  • 2006/7/13 12:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Does your firewall block referers?
Did you try different browsers?
If IE then add your site to trusted sites for testing.

Also make this test and see if you pass it.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

gerasimos
  • 2006/7/13 12:40

• gerasimos

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/28

Did you clear the template_c folder and try again?

Merijn_PU
  • 2006/7/13 18:42

• Merijn_PU

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

I have done all you guys suggested (Except try a different browser because i have none installed and my PC is quite crowded as it is); I'll try asking my business partner to try logging in using firefox (i'm on IE).

The deletion of the files under templates_c resulted in a complete loss of everything but the main page. I quickly put the files back where they belonged.

I can't seem to reach anything in the user menu either I noticed. I can't even edit my own profile. And when it tells me I haven't the right soon the main page comes back, I'm forcibly logged off and there is a Session_ID #string behind the webaddress.

This gets my goat. Please help some more! (the only thing i can think of is the recent (today) microsoft update my machine took upon itself to download)

jensclas

Have you serached 'can't login' on the FAQ's and considered all the possible things you find there?

HTH

Bender
  • 2006/7/13 19:39

• Bender

• Home away from home

Quote:
The deletion of the files under templates_c resulted in a complete loss of everything but the main page. I quickly put the files back where they belonged.

That should not happen. Please check the permissions on the folder templates_c (as cache and uploads it should be 755).
If it is no longer and therefore not writeable it might explain your problems.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
  • 2006/7/13 19:48

• Bender

• Home away from home

Quote:
I have done all you guys suggested (Except try a different browser because i have none installed and my PC is quite crowded as it is); I'll try asking my business partner to try logging in using firefox (i'm on IE).

You are kidding right? You use IE as your sole browser?
(i feel like breaking of communication with you right now )

Ok here is a solution for you:

Portable Firefox

This install will create just a folder with the software and no registry entries or other crap. So ... easy to try and delete afterwards.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits