jijuneitor69
How do I install a Theme?

I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but when I want to install a theme for my website I get this same msg:

"ERROR: Template file not found"

I have tried it with tons of the themes that I can download - quite rare, because I see a lot of themes that have 0 kb - and I get in on zip format. I translate them to .tar and .gz, in all the ways that I can imagine, but it seems useless.

Please help me. Before I discover XOOPS I used to use FrontPage to create a web-news site about soccer. I've suspended my proyect so I can power it with Xoops, because I've heard good things about it.

Please forgive me for my bad English.

PD: I've installed XOOPS in Spanish. Is that a problem?

jensclas
Re: How do I install a Theme?

Check the support in the XOOPS admin manual and in the themes section of the FAQ - there are links to visual tutorials that may help you. You can also use the 'Local support' link for a spanish speaking support site. HTH

stefan88
Re: How do I install a Theme?
  • 2006/7/12 9:27

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

better unzip the theme archive in your computer, check file structure - there shuld be one folder with theme.html file and maybe some other files and/or subfolders. this folder will be the theme name. (Some zips may have full path like html/themes/theme_name ... and will not work). Once you have checked files upload theme folder and its content into your site "themes" folder with ftp program as you did for xoops.

Then if you have theme selection block, you need to set the new theme as selectable in admin -> system admin -> Preferences -> general "Selectable themes".

Login

Who's Online

504 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 504

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits