Jyotirmaya
No Xoops Editor Icons - Weird!!!!
  • 2006/7/11 13:02

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/10

Help! I have just done a virgin install of XOOPS 2.2.3 on a new server and everytime i need to use a wysiwig editor, NO icons are showing!
So instead of showingResized Image
it will just say URL. If I click on URL it still has the functionality, just the icons are not showing for some reason.

I have tried downloading 2.2.2 also - same problem, even 2.0.14 has the same problem!!! I have tried it with a number of themes and it seems theme independent.

It also seems to happen regardless of what modulke I use - WIWI, NEWBB - all the same.

I think it may have something to do with the server. It is running Linux, Apache, PHP5. Currently I have put the site back to XOOPS 2.2.3 final from the latest SVN. The site is athttp://portal.anandamarga.de

Interestingly, if you go tohttp://portal.anandamarga.de/images/url.gif you cannot view the image - it says it is unavailable. However, if I check through my FTP client - the image is definitely there. I have set the permissions on the folder and children to be 754 (so that others can read too - but no change)

I have set up several other XOOPS sites with the same theme and the same modules on other servers and never seen this problem. Can anyone shed some light pleeeese.
"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides you too"

Jyotirmaya
Re: No Xoops Editor Icons - Weird!!!!
  • 2006/7/11 13:26

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

okay, so I put url.gif in a new folder called images1 in the root of my site and I can see the icon fine when I browse to /url/images1/url.gif

But I still cannot see any icons in the /images folder via my browser (firefox or IE)
"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides you too"

Jyotirmaya
  • 2006/7/19 7:55

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

Can anyone at all help me with this it is doing my head in.

I can see all images in a folder called "images1".
As soon as I rename it to "images" - I cannot see anything (no change at all in permissions - this is not a folder permissions issue!)

I tried changing the robots.txt to exclude the images line - no joy.

Please please please can someone help...???????

dave_uk
  • 2006/7/19 9:58

• dave_uk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

i dont know if you have already fixed it but when i view your site theree is no problems at all all the images show up fine even in the editors.

Could it possibly be that you have images blocked in your browser settings as it dosent seem to be a server problem.
Wii Plaza - Wii Fansite community

Jyotirmaya
  • 2006/7/19 13:52

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Dave - thanks for your response. I just managed to sort this out this morning.. with the help of a Linux guru who was hosting my site. Seems something was there in HTTPD.conf that was causing images to be remapped from that folder. I think he changed something in the file and that sorted the problem out.

I lost a lot of sleep over that one - but happily all is ok now.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits