arie1985
Pages only for registered members and more
  • 2006/7/3 13:49

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/30

Hi

Three questions I have

I tried to look at the FAQ a lot but didn't find the information, just to let you know!

1) I'd like to put some HTML or PHP pages which only members who registered in my website can view - is that possible to do that with the XOOPS Admin System? If it is, how do I do it?

2) If I want to put points in users' account, for instance I'd like to put 20 points in somebody's account, or put a text in his account saying "on July 03, 2006 you got 20 points" - how do I do it? and how do I make it as a text which only I (the admin) can change? the user himself can only see it but not change it - how do I do it?

3) I downloaded Forum module (NewBB 2.02) - can I change the colors of the forum? if I can, how do I do it? It's blue & yellow, and you can't see the words (which are in black fonts) - so I really wanna change the blue color...

Hope you can help me!!

Arie

msdana
Re: Pages only for registered members and more
  • 2006/7/3 14:25

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
1) I'd like to put some HTML or PHP pages which only members who registered in my website can view - is that possible to do that with the XOOPS Admin System? If it is, how do I do it?

Any content module (content, tinycontent, WF-Channel, etc.) will allow you to add HTML/PHP pages. You just set the permission to Registered Users and Webmasters. You can also read this FAQ on adding HTML pages.

Quote:
3) I downloaded Forum module (NewBB 2.02) - can I change the colors of the forum? if I can, how do I do it? It's blue & yellow, and you can't see the words (which are in black fonts) - so I really wanna change the blue color...

You should upgrade to the latest forum module which is CBB 3.04 (replaced NewBB). To change the colors, you need to edit your stylesheet.

Sorry, can't help with number 2, but this should get you started

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

msdana
  • 2006/7/3 14:28

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

EDIT: Message posted twice...Xoops.org is acting strange today
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

arie1985
  • 2006/7/3 14:49

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

msdana wrote:
Quote:

Any content module (content, tinycontent, WF-Channel, etc.) will allow you to add HTML/PHP pages. You just set the permission to Registered Users and Webmasters. You can also read this FAQ on adding HTML pages.

Quote:

You should upgrade to the latest forum module which is CDD 3.04 (replaced NewBB). To change the colors, you need to edit your stylesheet.

Sorry, can't help with number 2, but this should get you started

HTH

Thanks Dana :)

I'll try to add a content module

And if someone knows anything on number 2 I be glad to hear!!

tripnosis
  • 2006/7/3 15:48

• tripnosis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/28

Regarding #2:

I don't belive this is possible with xoops, as is, but you could achieve it by hacking it in yourself.

But this is a GREAT idea for a module, or maybe hack. I would love to help develop this. I use a points/cash mod for both my phpBB and IPB boards, and it's pretty cool, members love it.
"There is no element of genius, without some form of insanity."
Lyra Design
Vote Trip in '06!

arie1985
  • 2006/7/3 18:45

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

tripnosis wrote:
Regarding #2:

I don't belive this is possible with xoops, as is, but you could achieve it by hacking it in yourself.

But this is a GREAT idea for a module, or maybe hack. I would love to help develop this. I use a points/cash mod for both my phpBB and IPB boards, and it's pretty cool, members love it.

So please let me know if you can develop something like this or find something useful on the internet, since I don't know how to make if by myself

And I'm glad you like the idea of that :)

arie1985
  • 2006/7/7 9:34

• arie1985

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

msdana wrote:

You should upgrade to the latest forum module which is CBB 3.04 (replaced NewBB). To change the colors, you need to edit your stylesheet.

Hi again Dana

I upgraded to 3.04

I still don't know how to change the font colors

You said "Stylesheet" - what is it? where is it?

tripnosis
  • 2006/7/10 19:28

• tripnosis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/28

Quote:

arie1985 wrote:

Hi again Dana

I upgraded to 3.04

I still don't know how to change the font colors

You said "Stylesheet" - what is it? where is it?

It's in the main folder of the module. The file is called "newbb.css". It's a CSS style sheet. You will need to know CSS to alter it. If you don't, it's pretty easy to learn, you can learn all you need to know here:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
"There is no element of genius, without some form of insanity."
Lyra Design
Vote Trip in '06!

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits