tonycharman
New Install went ok - but unable to access index or admin

Hi,
I have just installed xoops-2.0.14 onto a folder in my 1 and 1 hosting. The installation seemed to go absolutely fine. However, when I try to access index.php or admin.php the browser gets sent back to the previous page.

Server config as follows:

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version: 4.4.1
MySQL Version: 4.0.27
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 2.0.51
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue: Trying to access index.php, user.php or admin.php sends the browers back to whichever page you were previously looking at.

I tried to run xoopsinfo.php but it does the same.

zyspec
Re: New Install went ok - but unable to access index or admin
  • 2006/7/7 11:50

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Can you explain the exact steps you went through to "install" the system?

Uncompress the .zip or .tgz file on your local machine. Then follow the "key" steps from the release_notes.txt file

Quote:
1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php, cache, templates_c and uploads are writable by the webserver
3. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard.

The other thing you can try is go into your database (using something like phpMyAdmin) and verify the XOOPS tables are there.

tonycharman
Re: New Install went ok - but unable to access index or admin

Thanks for the reply zyspec.

I checked through the installation procedure and everything looked fine. It's not a particularly hard install and I have done a fair few before it, so I don't doubt my accuracy of following instructions. However I do doubt my ftp client - Cuteftp Pro.

I deleted the install (and db tables) and tried again dragging across the whole unzipped htdocs folder into the target host location. I couple of times I was prompted by the ftp, asking whether I wanted to over-write existing folders - which rang alarm bells. Sure enough the install crashed again. So I went back to stage one, deleting all and then uploaded each component manually - and I now have a shiny new login page.

Login

Who's Online

90 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 90

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits