zamarathens
New Install, Modules Admin Shows No Modules
  • 2006/7/6 1:24

• zamarathens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/6 0

Greetings All -

I have searched the forums a good bit but not found an answer yet to this problem. Here is the situation:

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14
Module Name/Version: (no modules displayed - see below)
PHP Version: not known
MySQL Version: not known

(This is a new install done for me by my sysadmin. I watched him checking the system requirements for xoops, but I don't have the version numbers we are actually running for MySQL and for PHP. They should definitely be recent enough, though.)

Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Win XP
Theme you are using: Default
Custom template: No

PHP Debug Messages: (inline)

All errors (0) queries (6) blocks (0) extra (0) timers (3)

MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:

A full description of the issue:

This is a new install. When I log in as administrator and go to "modules" the only module that shows up is the admin module itself at the upper left. There are no modules in the table under "Module," "Version," and "Action." (There are no table rows under the header row.)

I have tried to find these modules that were said to "ship with" xoops, but I don't seem to find them offered separately anywhere - presumably because they should come with the package.

I have compared the modules folder we have installed with the modules folder in a fresh download of XOOPS 2.0.14, and I don't notice anything missing.

I'm eager to get started customizing the site, but I can't seem to get to first base yet.

Thanks in advance for your help ...

Greg

msdana
Re: New Install, Modules Admin Shows No Modules
  • 2006/7/6 1:36

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Greg,

2.0.14 does not include additional modules like the previous releases did/do. You will need to decide what modules you would like to use, then download and install them separately.

[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

zamarathens
  • 2006/7/6 21:05

• zamarathens

• Just popping in

Thank you.

If someone were to get a chance to update the "visual tour" pdf to reflect this new reality, that would be nice for future new users. :)

Greg

P.S. I did not receive email notification of your reply, even though I selected that option. Do you know if this is a "known bug"?

jensclas

It has been suggested elsewhere that if you download the 2.0.13 package you will find the original modules shipped with XOOPS like 'news' etc within it. This is a quick easy way to get some standard and very common modules.
Use the FAQ section on modules for learning more about finding them and instlling them. HTH

jensclas

Quote:
If someone were to get a chance to update the "visual tour" pdf to reflect this new reality, that would be nice for future new users. :)

Hmm...the docs team will no doubt have this now on our lsit of things to do...

knotty
  • 2006/7/6 22:15

• knotty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/1 1

For what it's worth, the best thing I did for myself to learn XOOPS was to start with one module and fully explore it.

My problem was playing with too many modules that have overlapping features and I got terribly confused.

I started with the SmartSection module.

knotty

msdana
  • 2006/7/6 22:53

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
It has been suggested elsewhere that if you download the 2.0.13 package you will find the original modules shipped with XOOPS like 'news' etc within it.

Please be aware that some of the modules packed with 2.0.13 have been updated with new and improved features.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

zamarathens
  • 2006/7/7 12:06

• zamarathens

• Just popping in

Thanks for all the responses. Very helpful.

For XOOPS 2.0.13 modules, are you saying that the modules in the 2.0.13 package are NOT the updated versions of those modules?

Also, I'm still not receiving email alerts from responses to the thread. I'm wondering whether my users will have the same experience.

Is the "notify me" function simply not working at this time in current versions of xoops?

Greg

msdana
  • 2006/7/7 13:05

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

From memory, the following modules that are included with the XOOPS 2.0.13 package have since been updated:

News, NewBB, Section. There is a contact module that has been updated to include a security feature (IBDeeming developed it).

I don't want to confuse you. The modules packaged will work with 2.0.14 (I think) but there are updated versions.

You may want to send a PM to a Moderator to see if someone can help you with your email alerts.

HTH

davidl2
  • 2006/7/7 14:32

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

That's one of the many reasons why modules aren't included... as otherwise, the XOOPS installation package needs to keep being updated with the latest releases of modules... which is more time consuming - especially if people may not even use those modules.

Login

Who's Online

514 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 514

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits