shalommemphi
NewBB 2.0 Version 2.02 where to go next?

Okay, I must have overlooked something because when I started using my site I thought NewBB2.0 was the most recent forum to use. I am using XOOPS 2.0.13

If I understand it, CBB has replaced this. If this is the case, which version should I use and how easily will it be to upgrade.

Will I loose all my post and settings? Any issues I need to be aware of. I just want to be sure to use the most current and most supported forum module for my XOOPS cms site.
Helping each other with Knowledge

Bender
Re: NewBB 2.0 Version 2.02 where to go next?
  • 2006/7/6 20:28

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You will get the latest version of CBB (3.04) onhttp://www.xoopsforge.com .

And yes CBB is the current fully XOOPS integrated forum.
The name changed from newbb to cbb when one of the two developers (Predator) of newbb v2 left Xoops. It is continued by phppp (who worked with Predator on newbb v2 before) and his team.

You should just be able to upgrade from newbb2 to cbb 3.04.
(As always: Do a backup of your files and database first just in case)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

davidl2
  • 2006/7/6 20:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

To quote from Terry Pratchett - Never forget Rule 1 - which in this case reffers to always backup your files and Database first

Anyway, the latest release is CBB 3.04 - and this can upgrade any previous version of newbb or cbb ... please make sure you backup first .. and follow the instructions regarding the "Frameworks" directory.

You may have to update your permissions after updating.

shalommemphi

I looked at that version, and admit wasn't sure when I read about the FRAMEWORKS item, I guess that is required to be install for future XOOPS upgrades too? I will report back how the upgrade goes!
Helping each other with Knowledge

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits