hunden
Re: Site got hacked
  • 2006/7/5 10:33

• hunden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

Hi!

Don´t take my frustration/anger as spitting on XOOPS and similar. I loved Xoops, I tryed with Mambo (well before they splited up to Joomla and Mambo) but Mambo was not for me.

I have some knowledge of php but this knowledge does not even compare to knowledge of html. I use SMF forum and it was pretty simple i must say to design it how I want it and so it works fine. XOOPS was something else, I had to work on modules and whole thing months before I finally managed to do it like I wanted it (This forum helped me a lot!). First thing after going online was problems with users of portal since everything was "little" complicated for them and more or less I was doing everything manualy at the end (so dream of less work for me was gone).

Problem with Xoops, Mambo, Joomla, Nuke is that modules which you need haven´t been created yet or you have to work on them a lot. If I would stuck with html site would be very big by now and probably nothing would be lost.

Anyway keep up the good work guys but those who are new to php you have lots of learning to do and knowledge can be a bitch!

Bye, hunden

Swain
Re: Site got hacked
  • 2006/7/5 14:28

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I wouldn't trade XOOPS for the world. I am no expert at PHP and SQL. I am at html, and that is what the bulk of my site is. Thank God for Iframes. Still, XOOPS adds an element to my site that makes things more interesting for me. And it is far easier to maintain. Two years ago my site got hacked. There was pretty extensive damage to it, pages missing, other pages tampered with, and so forth. The problem is not whether you are using html, php, shtml, asp, or whatever. The problem is with the security used by the server. If they were able to break into your site through Xoops, that means there were other holes to begin with they could have made it through, and would have. My server now has security that is unbelievable, but even if it did not, I still would not give up on Xoops.

Swain

Login

Who's Online

281 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 281

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits