ukandrewf
downgrade to 2.0.13
  • 2006/7/3 13:09

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Hi all,

I'm trying to downgrade 2.2.3 to 2.0.13.2 and I'm trying to use the downgrade script.

I've setup a full copy of my site on my personal computer using XAMPPhttp://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#1168

Everything seemed to be working fine on the test server.

I uploaded the files for 2.0.13.2 over my existing install.

Then I uploaded and ran the downgrade script.

The downgrade instantly ran the install script for 2.0.13.2 is that what is to be expected?

When I completed the install I got the following errors (could this be an error associated with the test sever?).

Can anyone else suggest anything...

File ../mainfile.php overwritten by ../mainfile.dist.php.
Failed writing constant X:/program files/xampp/htdocs.
Failed writing constanthttp://localhost.
Failed writing constant mysql.
Failed writing constant xoops.
Failed writing constant localhost.
Failed writing constant username.
Failed writing constant password.
Failed writing constant databasename.
Failed writing constant 0.
Failed writing constant 1.
Failed writing constant 2.
Failed writing constant 3.
Failed writing constant 1.

Configuration data has been saved successfully to mainfile.php.

then on clicking 'next' a white page with...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in X:\program files\xampp\htdocs\mainfile.php on line 32

any ideas?

Bender
Re: downgrade to 2.0.13
  • 2006/7/3 15:01

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Ideas? yupp ... search helps

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=48133&forum=1

Thats at least if you have choosen a xampp package with php5.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/3 20:20

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

I finally got this script to work.

I had to restore my database to a previous version

Then upload 2.0.13.2 then run downgrade.php

Which launches an install...

Once complete the script should relaunch to downgrade.php and give options to downgrade.

(I wasn't sure if the script was working before or not - it wasn't I now know what i should have expected).

I now have to investigate what to do with...

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file X:\program files\xampp\htdocs\include\functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file X:\program files\xampp\htdocs\include\functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file X:\program files\xampp\htdocs\class\module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file X:\program files\xampp\htdocs\class\module.textsanitizer.php line 259

Andrew

Bender
  • 2006/7/3 20:34

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

As long as they are only notices: Ignore them

Basicly due to some changes in newer php versions. They will be removed over them time while XOOPS progresses towards version 2.3.
(use the search for more)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

maxpt
  • 2006/7/3 21:31

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

this are because you are using php 5, and are removed if you upgrade to 2.0.14.

The problem about the script, you have to set a default template (delete the old's), language to english, delete all blocks, disable all modules (else system)

copy 2.0.13.2

execute the downgrade

Go to modules, update system, activate other modules (cbb need to copy xoops22 to Framework), update all modules, re-set the group permisons, clone a new template and set on,add blocks

upgrade to 2.0.14
Go to modules, update system

add all others thinks you want in this stage(theme,etc..).
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/3 22:23

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for this advice :)

This moves me forward.

I seem to have a problem with wfsections after the downgrade. Individual articles are still available but the index for the module is blank.

thanks

Andrew

ukandrewf

thanks for the tip about deactivating modules etc wf sections didn't work when i hadn't done this. But then when I disabled everything worked fine on the upgrade.

thank you, thank you, I now have a working 2.0.13.2 site

One final thing I need help with.

I have a custom theme and everything moved across ok but there must be a style sheet or something which has to come across which covers the forums listed topics and should have alternate grey tint (on, off, on) to help people see and reach each question. Likewise a poll block with a list of items.

Any idea where that file might be?

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/4 11:20

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

two other things i have noticed after the upgrade:-

1) there is no link for admin when you login as webmaster have to time url.com/admin.php
2) some block which should not appear for certain groups are still showing up I have to make them invisible altogether to stop them appearing.
3) when I login as webmaster a module will load as centre block instead of loading the blocks specified.
4) I also had a problem where the styles which provide a tinted background for forums and polls hasn't moved across and i don't know which file controls this.

thanks

Andrew

maxpt
  • 2006/7/4 12:46

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

ukandrewf

1) I also have this problem when i test a downgrade.

2) see my small tutorial before, "re-set the group permision"

3) and 4) i don't know

I allready test almost 10 downgrades of 2.2.4 to 2.0.13.2, and I can't make yet to my site be error free.

I'm waiting for a new/upgrade downgrade script, a better script, maybe for 2.0.14 it's more easier, or to 2.3
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/4 15:22

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

regarding point two...

re-set the group permisons, clone a new template and set on,add blocks

Is that what you mean? I have gone into groups and setup blocks for groups again but even then a block which should be only visible to one group is visible to all.

thanks

Andrew

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits