nelson_cho
Blank page

Recently I do a backup & move the site to another server, but the whole system is blank. Nothing display. I have read the XOOPS FAQ and follow the possible steps, like add the code to xoops_config, turn the debug on in php, mainfile. But still there is nothing shown up.

The system version is 2.0.1.13. The modules installed were xcgallery RC 1.0, forum,....

The existing server is apache on Mandriva 2006. The new system is window XP with appserv. The method moving the site is, I copy the directory /var/www/html and the database in mysql. Then I paste the directory to the server and the database to mysql.

Bender
Re: Blank page
  • 2006/7/2 1:33

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did you adopt mainfile.php to the new path and (if changed) MySQL hostname, user and password?

Are MySQL extensions active?

You could test MySQL accessibility with the following php snippet:

<?php
$link 
mysql_connect('mysql''mysql_user''mysql_password');
if (!
$link) {
die(
'No connection possible: ' mysql_error());
}
printf("MySQL server version: %sn"mysql_get_server_info());
?>

Should give you the version of your sql database if its setup correctly and after you edited your informations in there.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

nelson_cho

It return MySQL server version: 4.0.24-ntn. Before that I was test the setup by install another XOOPS on this server. Everything was fine. In fact, I known nothing about PHP, I known nothing about MySQL. I thought is that because my back up the system is not properly?

Bender
  • 2006/7/2 10:08

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did you correct the data in mainfile.php?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

nelson_cho

Yes. I try another method to move the site. I set up Samba, copy the whole system to other server (Window xp).
The copy of /var/www/html is normal. But when I try to copy the database, the window system claim that the db and avatar I don't have the permission or something....

Anything I should do?

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits