truepalm
I have some questions
  • 2006/6/30 15:49

• truepalm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/30

Hello,

I have started out my ZOOPS site and have been very impressed. I just have a few questions.

How do you delete the "Website" box where people sign up? Not all of my members will have websites.

If I want to add some small banners on the bottom of all of the pages on my website, how would I do that?

Also I have a poll on the side of my page. I would like anonymous users to vote in the poll but not be able to post comments.

Is there a module so that I can create a page with my theme and put anything I want on it? Then put it on my navigation? Then Do that as many times as I want?

My poll on the also appears in the middle of my page in AOL and IE. Is there a fix so that it can be on the right hand side and move as you resize the page in AOL and IE and still continue to look good in Firefox?

Thank you,
TruePalm
http://www.truepalm.net

terrion
Re: I have some questions
  • 2006/6/30 16:29

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Quote:
How do you delete the "Website" box where people sign up? Not all of my members will have websites.

How about just letting your users leave that field blank if they don't have a website?

Quote:
If I want to add some small banners on the bottom of all of the pages on my website, how would I do that?

Try researching the built in banner system in Xoops. You may need to edit the theme.html file for the theme you are using to move the banner location to the bottom of the screen.

Quote:
Also I have a poll on the side of my page. I would like anonymous users to vote in the poll but not be able to post comments.

In the preferences look for an option to allow Comments by Registered Users Only. This is usually an option in EACH module, not just polls and is usually last or very near the bottom of each modules preferences.

Quote:
Is there a module so that I can create a page with my theme and put anything I want on it? Then put it on my navigation? Then Do that as many times as I want?

Do a search for some recent threads dealing with the MultiMenu module. That might be a good place to start.

Quote:
My poll on the also appears in the middle of my page in AOL and IE. Is there a fix so that it can be on the right hand side and move as you resize the page in AOL and IE and still continue to look good in Firefox?

Your poll is "shifting" towards the center of the page on your "home page" because you have no blocks in center/center.

Try creating a block, even a custom block with just the words "Hello World" and make it center/center and see if that straightens out the appearance.

Hope this gives you some places to start looking. And welcome to Xoops. You're off to a great start, just keep plugging away at it!
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

truepalm
  • 2006/6/30 17:01

• truepalm

• Just popping in

Thank you very much.

I might have some more questions later.

truepalm
  • 2006/6/30 17:33

• truepalm

• Just popping in

How do I make blocks show up for everybody. Because I did what you said for filling except I put my own content. But I'm the only one who can view it. How can I make other groups see it too? And how can I have it so that some groups can see it and others can't?

bb2120
  • 2006/6/30 19:22

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Admin -> groups

truepalm
  • 2006/6/30 20:21

• truepalm

• Just popping in

Thank You

jensclas

Please go to the doucimetation site linked on the left and get the dmin manual and go to the FAQ sections on modules, blocks and themes...it's all there for you. Cheers

truepalm
  • 2006/7/1 13:07

• truepalm

• Just popping in

Thanks for the site. But users still can't vote in polls and informations not on the documentation. Also is it okay that I rename modules or do I have to rename a file inside it too?

EDIT
And which is more secure, NewBB 1 Or NewBB 2?
And is there a way I can integrate Invision Power Board?

Thanks

davidl2
  • 2006/7/1 13:58

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

truepalm wrote:
And which is more secure, NewBB 1 Or NewBB 2?[/color]

CBB replaces both of these.

truepalm
  • 2006/7/1 17:07

• truepalm

• Just popping in

Ok great thanks. Forget about IPB. And I still have the other questions.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits