tjmichner
Stand Alone XSAS version - getting started question
  • 2006/6/23 3:23

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

I am very excited to see what XOOPS can add to my site, but I am having difficulty getting it configured correctly on my web host server because my admin is on vacation and I have a HUGE sales presentation and I would like to incorporate some of the XOOPS features. So, per suggestion I downloaded the standalone XSAS version so that I can then create a demo....now my problem is I can't figure out how to initiate the program???? Does anyone know how to start?

I know this forum may not be the most appropriate place for this question but the XSAS forums dont seem to be populated and I am in a major time crunch. Could someone please help? I will continue to search the documentation etc. but the docummentation for the XSAS per se doenst seem populated either.

Thank you for any help you can give!!

tjmichner
Re: Stand Alone XSAS version - getting started question
  • 2006/6/23 3:49

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

wow i got it !! woo hoo

rowdie
Re: Stand Alone XSAS version - getting started question
  • 2006/6/23 4:15

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Reference to XSAS in the FAQs is in the process of being removed, which is why there's not much information about it.

The XOOPS version in XSAS is old. I suggest you download XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and install it in your working XSAS. It's not hard to install, just make a new folder in /xsas/diskw/www/ and follow the XOOPS install instructions using this new folder as your root directory. The url to this new install will behttp://localhost/newfoldername/ (of course replacing 'newfoldername' with the actual name you used )

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 227

Mamba,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!