sailjapan
News 1.44 "Classic" layout problems

Ok, I've spent a couple of hours searching around and not found anything relating to this problem.

running XOOPS 2.0.13 with News 1.44

When I choose "News Display Layout - Classic" in News' Module Settings, my top page doesn't show any news content. the page title is correct and the page links at the bottom are there. It's just the actual content that's missing...

Works fine with "News Display Layout - By Topic"

View permissions are set to "all" for everyone.

If I enable the "Recent News" block, I can see the stories there, as I can in "News Archives"

Oh, and yes, I did read the Upgrade.txt doc

Any ideas?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

DIDI5
Re: News 1.44 "Classic" layout problems
  • 2006/6/21 16:32

• DIDI5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/24

If you have not, then try edit some setting in the blocks admin for News.
system=>blocks===>> and select the news block ((there are several, eg: recent news, top news, and so on...))
and set the 'Show Teaser Length (0 for no teaser)' the number of characters you want to show in the block for news. If it is set to '0' then nothing will show.
And, the topic!! otherwise y'll only get a blank news block.

sailjapan

Thanks for the advice DIDI5, but it's not the blocks that I want to show (though I tried them and they seem to work ok). It's the module's top page that doesn't do what I was expecting (misguided expectations? Surely there's still a modules/news page...). I can get it to show stories by topic (but when you have more than a dozen topics it can get a bit crowded out there) whereas all I want to show is the top 5 (chronologically speaking) stories - Classic view.

Any other ideas?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

bump

Any other ideas?

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits