Hayden
Private Message notification
  • 2006/6/18 2:24

• Hayden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/17

Hi,

I did run a search but I apologise if this has already been asked. I was wondering how you activate it so the site tells you when you have a private message? Any help would really be appreciated.

thanks.

Quest
Re: Private Message notification
  • 2006/6/18 4:18

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

You will need to at least tell us what version of XOOPS you are running. In general-the inbox link in the user menu will be highlighted with a number next to it indicating you have a private message/notification and how many. You can also select the way you wish to receive notifications in your user account-Edit Account. In there you can choose how you would like to receive notifications: Private Messages or Email.

If you are using XOOPS 2.2.x then I believe that PM is actually a module. Then-you will have to install the module if you haven't already. Next you will need to make sure permissions are set for the groups by going to administration/system/groups and checking each group to make sure they have a permission to ACCESS MODULE by putting a check mark by PM Module and then submiting. Do that for each group you wish to allow to receive and send Private Messages.

Hope this helps a little.

Quest

Hayden
Re: Private Message notification
  • 2006/6/18 12:43

• Hayden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/17

Hi Quest, thank you for the response. I'm actually playing with 2.2.4 I only realised something was odd when I saw the PM notification here. I followed your steps above yet it still doesn't alert me. I may try re installing the module.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

70 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 70

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits