klaux
Version history
  • 2006/6/14 12:19

• klaux

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/14

Hi. I have a web hosting account that provides a very simple automated routine for installing an earlier version of XOOPS (2.0.5). I've been playing with it for some time now, and have decided that it will do what I want it to.

However, I'm not sure whether I should go to the trouble of either upgrading (2.0.5 to 2.0.6, then 2.0.7, then 2.0.9.2, etc), or perhaps even wipe the whole thing clean and start by installing the latest version from scratch.

Is there a version history here somewhere? I've poked around the site, didn't come across one....

Is 2.0.5 reasonably stable? Should I expect problems if I try to install new modules without upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

davidl2
Re: Version history
  • 2006/6/14 12:37

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I would strongly advise updating as soon as possible (after, of course, making backups of site and data first!) as versions prior to 2.0.13.2 will suffer from a number of security issues.

Each release of XOOPS has an update log of fixes made and bugs fixed.

klaux
  • 2006/6/14 19:03

• klaux

• Just popping in

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I would strongly advise updating as soon as possible (after, of course, making backups of site and data first!) as versions prior to 2.0.13.2 will suffer from a number of security issues.

Each release of XOOPS has an update log of fixes made and bugs fixed.

I see. Thanks for responding.

Security is not a big priority here, this is just a website for my extended family. But if I'm going to do it at all, I may as well do it right.

I expected there would be descriptions of incremental improvements with each update, but it might not be a bad idea to collect them all in a single file or document....

zyspec
  • 2006/6/14 19:42

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

klaux,

When you download the full XOOPS 2.0.13.2 package and unzip it you'll find it has a directory called 'docs'. Inside the docs directory there is a file called CHANGES.txt which contains a changelog for all versions up to the current version (2.0.13.2 in this case).

klaux
  • 2006/6/17 13:27

• klaux

• Just popping in

Quote:

zyspec wrote:
klaux,

When you download the full XOOPS 2.0.13.2 package and unzip it you'll find it has a directory called 'docs'. Inside the docs directory there is a file called CHANGES.txt which contains a changelog for all versions up to the current version (2.0.13.2 in this case).

OK, thanks.

It might not be a bad idea to make that CHANGES.txt doc available separately. No big deal though.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits