wattana
2 xoops questions guys (and gals) :-)
  • 2006/6/8 9:17

• wattana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/25

1. How do you change the links in a theme. I have just changed to a new theme and the links at the top of the page point to the wrong place.

2. How you you change the meta tags / description on a XOOPS site? For the likes of google

many thanks

andy

serf1
Re: 2 xoops questions guys (and gals) :-)
  • 2006/6/8 10:07

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

You need to change the menuhead in the main theme page.

you will see id="headmenu" this is where the links are. Simply change the name of the module in a link and it will now point to where you want it to.

serf1
  • 2006/6/8 10:09

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

For meta tags (which Google doesn't use apparently) install the module XBS Tags. It gives you individual tags on each page.

For overall tags, there is a section in the admin area under system admin where you can change them.

wattana
  • 2006/6/8 10:17

• wattana

• Just popping in

you tha man

thanks for ultra quick responce.

andy

wattana
  • 2006/6/8 10:21

• wattana

• Just popping in

this is the bit I want to change for the listing in google.

just now when my site comes up it just lists XOOPS etc etc

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
<meta name="keywords" content="news, technology, headlines, xoops, xoop, nuke, myphpnuke, myphp-nuke, phpnuke, SE, geek, geeks, hacker, hackers, linux, software, download, downloads, free, community, mp3, forum, forums, bulletin, board, boards, bbs, php, survey, poll, polls, kernel, comment, comments, portal, odp, open, source, opensource, FreeSoftware, gnu, gpl, license, Unix, *nix, mysql, sql, database, databases, web site, weblog, guru, module, modules, theme, themes, cms, content management" />
<meta name="description" content="XOOPS is a dynamic Object Oriented based open source portal script written in PHP." />

tcnet
  • 2006/6/8 11:03

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Look for XOOPS control panel/ system admin / preferences / "meta tags and footer" to edit the system wide meta tags.

wattana
  • 2006/6/8 17:16

• wattana

• Just popping in

serf1

soory to be a pest. cant find this menu

You need to change the menuhead in the main theme page.

you will see id="headmenu" this is where the links are. Simply change the name of the module in a link and it will now point to where you want it to.

andy

boumbo
  • 2007/4/9 16:15

• boumbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/25

I installed XBS TAGS on XOOPS 2.2.2 and I was wondering how I can specify different meta tags for each page under the same module?

In the XBS TAGS documentation, it says that we can add pages manually:

"You may also manually add a page to the list. You may wish to do this for a module page that does not get automatically included by the Update process. If for instance, a page is displayed by a module that is not as a result of a user menu selection (perhaps as a result of pressing a button or clicking on a link within a page), the Update process will not find it and you will have to manually add it."

Does anyone know how I can do that in the module Config in the Page MetaTags Edit ?

Example:

I want to include a specific title, description and keywords for this dynamically generated page:
http://www.minacom.com/modules/minaweb/index.php?command=defaultPage&operation=displayCategory&id=1

but I want different keywords for this page(under the same module):
http://www.minacom.com/modules/minaweb/index.php?command=defaultPage&operation=displayCategory&id=2

I can insert new pages but how do I specify the url of the page?

Would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks

Patrick S.
Web developer

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits