PTlooker
Horizontal Menu
  • 2006/6/3 21:54

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

Hi,
I'm trying to change the default menu to a horizontal menu, where sub-menu drop with some css and javascript effect, but thats kind of difficult (at least for me it is) because some modules have complex links that depends on php code. I've tried multimenu, but it seems that what i want is not possible with that module, anyone can give me a help on this?
Thanks in advance!

PTlooker
Re: Horizontal Menu
  • 2006/6/4 13:34

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Anyone please?

bb2120
  • 2006/6/4 14:11

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

I made one of those once. I just hard coded all of the links into theme.html

PTlooker
  • 2006/6/5 21:23

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

How if it is an HTML file and you need php code? Anyone knows a way of doing it?
Thanks in advance!

falcon73
  • 2006/6/6 2:29

• falcon73

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Hello...I have create a module DHTMLMenu v1.0 for XOOPS 2.0.9 before. You can see it athttp://www.selasarsunaryo.com/ for module action. My idea to create this module like Sothink DHTMLMenu and adopt it for my module. Where you can define every item link as parent/subemnu to create a multiple DHTML menu likehttp://www.selasarsunaryo.com/ at the top or bottom your theme. This is my first module for XOOPS. Maybe i can release this module for XOOPS next time. For now, i'm realy busy to get cost of school from my little child, Davin 6th.

Sorry my friends, i can't help you for now. But, i will release this module next time. And believe me, XOOPS very flexible, you can explore and make anything module. You just need creative to make it real XOOPS!

Regards,
falcon73

PTlooker
  • 2006/6/6 16:38

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Tks, but i really need this for the moment.
Anyone else please?

JMorris
  • 2006/6/6 17:14

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Insert the following code in your theme.html where you want your horizontal menu to be displayed:

<{php}>if ( !function_exists'b_system_main_show' ) ) { include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH '/modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php'; } $this->_tpl_vars['mainmenu'] = b_system_main_show(); <{/php}><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/" title="<{$xoops_sitename}>: <{$xoops_pagetitle}>">Home</a><{foreach from=$mainmenu.modules item=module}>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$module.directory}>/" title="<{$module.name}>"><{$module.name}></a><{/foreach}>

If you want it to be styled, wrap it in a div and assign your css to the div's class, like so

<div class="navbar"><!--Navbar Code--></div>

In style.css
.navbar {/*your CSS definitions here*/}
navbar a {/*your CSS definitions here*/}
navbar a:hover {/*your CSS definitions here*/}

Example:http://racemn.com/

The header and footer links are generated this way on that site.

Hope that helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

PTlooker
  • 2006/6/6 19:33

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Huge thanks to that!

PTlooker
  • 2006/6/6 19:45

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

I've noticed now that with that code i can't get the sub-menus to drop down or something like that? Do you know how to do it?
I noticed too that guest can't see anylink, and they are suppose to. And if possible the condition to show admin link.
Thanks in advance!

JMorris
  • 2006/6/6 20:04

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If you're needing that level of functionality, my suggestion would be to use MultiMenu as it supports a dynamic horizontal menu with links you define.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits