fishspon
CBB - EXP, HP and MP - what do they actually mean??
  • 2006/4/21 22:15

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

I have read the note underneath the EXP, HP and MP values in CBB's preferences, but i still don't fully understand them.

What exactly do the values mean??

Thanks in advance!
[size=x-small]><> fishsponge <><
[HiFi Forum] [UNIX/Linux Forum] [Richard Hobbs][/size]

Will_H
Re: CBB - EXP, HP and MP - what do they actually mean??
  • 2006/4/21 22:42

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Please try to post all of your questions regarding cbb in a single post.

Thank you.

davidl2
  • 2006/4/21 22:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Fishpons other post:

Quote:
I can see options within CBB for karma stuff, such as "user can specify karma level to be able to read post" etc..., but i can't find any way of allowing users to build up karma.

i presume this is kinda like a reputation system, right? How do people get karma though??

Thanks in advance!

fishspon
  • 2006/4/21 22:54

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

sorry... i figured as they are completely different questions, they would be better suited to different topics, in terms of people searching for the same info in the future, but i do see ur point.

Please feel free to close one of the topics or merge it with the other if u are able to, but if u do, pls let me know

thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience.

davidl2
  • 2006/4/21 22:56

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It's no problem - it's all into one topic now

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 23:10

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Basically this graph means absolutely nothing. I have been using CBB for a long time, and I get this question so often that I make stickied posts holding my response

Quote:
HP?MP?EXP?...

As a result of the overwhelming abundance of PM's requesting info regarding the HP/MP/EXP graph in the forums I have decided to post this GLOBAL response.

It means absolutely nothing. Basically it is a pie chart, the more active you are the bigger the bars get. Everytime the bars get to the top your level goes up and you start all over again. The higher your level the longer it takes to level up. It looks nice though, and adds a very nice appeal to the frame, so I will continue to use it.

As far as Kharma requirement... LMAO YA! beats the hell outta me and everyone else that I know of. It just does not work, atleast to the extint that this question pops up pretty frequently, and as it becomes more and more redundant less people respond.

fishspon
  • 2006/4/22 8:07

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

why has phppp gone to the effort of coding the MP/HP/EXP bars, and the karma stuff if they either don't work or are useless because nobody understands them??

Surely the karma system must work in some way? and is there no description of MP/HP/EXP even from the author??

nunomoc
  • 2006/5/20 1:47

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

Quote:

fishspon wrote:
why has phppp gone to the effort of coding the MP/HP/EXP bars, and the karma stuff if they either don't work or are useless because nobody understands them??

Surely the karma system must work in some way? and is there no description of MP/HP/EXP even from the author??

MP/HP/EXP

HP means Hit Points and is the medium value of posts.
MP means Magic Points and is determined by the number of posts related to the date of registry
EXP means Experience and it goes up everytime you post. Everytime you reach 100% you go up a Level and this value goes back to 0.

HP is different of MP because the first one does not take in concern the date of registry to calculate the media.
For example:

HP : if you have been a member for 30 days and you have 10 posts your media will be .33. If you have been a member for 300 days and you have 100 points, still you have .33

MP is different. If you have been a member for 30 days and you have made 10 posts, 30 + 10 = 40

According to the author, all of these are RPG terms...

When you create a topic you can limit the number of people who can access it by choosing a Karma Value. This way, only people with a certain value of Karma can read the topic you created. And how do people win Karma?
Easy. Everytime they post = 50 karma

I still don't know how I can see each users Karma value...

cheechon
  • 2006/6/2 5:58

• cheechon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

i got HP: 57/96, MP10/10
what is that mean?

phppp
  • 2006/6/2 7:03

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Thank you, guys
I am going to add some relevant introductionary stuff to CBB FAQ

A brief explanation:
EXP, HP and MP was inheriated from newbb 2, which was orignated from some forum program, likely phpbb
While karma is a new parameter designed for newbb/CBB and XOOPS, which is expected to be site-wide for each user.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits