aim4fame
Blocks and modules
  • 2006/5/26 4:37

• aim4fame

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/12

Hi,
My co workers and I have been busy trying to develope modules and blocks that can be utilized on many different platforms.
The problem is with blocks. Blocks dont seam to support any scripting languages beside php, and php support seams limited
. I have read the new XOOPS doc's and find nothing to explain this. Also Php include statements wich seam to be the best option for some projects do not seam to work on blocks? Is this just a bug with the preview option or something? Somone asked earlier how to link to a block and was reffered to the new doc's . does this mean it cannot be done because it only exist's in an array?
It would also be helpful to know if we should anticipate any of the same issues with modules.
If you could reffer us to a developement team who has the time to help that would be great. We do not have the time to post every question here.
thank you
www.aim4fame.com
www.aim4fame.com

aim4fame
Re: Blocks and modules
  • 2006/5/26 4:53

• aim4fame

• Just popping in

Why can't we submit a module? is this cuz we are expected to post a rediculous amount of times? The message we receive is this...
not allowed to submit module
www.aim4fame.com

msdana
  • 2006/5/26 5:12

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

This has been covered numerous times before. I'm not sure when it's going to be corrected.

Since the hack attack, you can't submit modules directly to the repository.

Most people are posting it in the news section with a link to download.

PM one of the Moderators, I'm sure they will help you get it to the module repository.

[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

aim4fame
  • 2006/5/26 5:30

• aim4fame

• Just popping in

Edit {Was talking about blocks, and modules}
www.aim4fame.com

gestroud
  • 2006/5/26 15:53

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Aim4Fame,

Kind of looks like your frustration blinded you for a minute. I think msdana was responding to your question about submitting modules to XOOPS.

The site was hacked last year by someone who worked for/with the organization. As a result, module and theme submissions are done using the XOOPS News section. It's a temporary measure.

Her answer had nothing to do with your original post. It covered your second one. She was only trying to be helpful.

Best wishes with your new CMS. You seem to be a very capable individual. I'm sure you'll be successful.

gestroud

aim4fame
  • 2006/5/26 17:05

• aim4fame

• Just popping in

Ok , Yeah I was very frustrated, spent prolly 20 hours straight developing menus and software and then looked high and low for more info on how blocks and modules interact, so to avoid digging through all the source code. THanks for explaining that gestroud and msdana. I See a module developement package up Im sure this will save us a lot of time.
www.aim4fame.com

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits