kikkorm
After updating to sql 4.1 nothing is working!!
  • 2006/5/26 10:00

• kikkorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

Hi, i use Cpanel server, and yesterday it was updated to MySQL 4.1 for security reason.
Now, every web site i had with XOOPS does not work anymore. Can anyone explain to me why? how can i recovery?
I've also installed 4.1 with "Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1+ (required if you have problems with php apps authenticating)", but problem is still the same. Nothing is working.

More, also a new website created after the upload, working at first, now is not working anymore. Thanks for helping!!

Bender
Re: After updating to sql 4.1 nothing is working!!
  • 2006/5/26 10:24

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Error messages?

(if not - see faq section on blank pages to find out how to activate php debugging manually)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jdseymour
Re: After updating to sql 4.1 nothing is working!!

The best way to upgrade a version of MySQL (major version) is to first export your databases, upgrade the software then reimport all the databases. This upgrades any table functions that may have changed between versions (including password hashes). If you just upgrade with the existing tables unchanged there may be some incompatibilities between the versions that will not allow them to function.

This is why the option was added in 4.1 to export with the "compatible" command if you ever needed to downgrade versions.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

387 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 387

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits