rapada
Which module is the best for..
  • 2006/5/23 14:19

• rapada

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/20

user management? I want to add a mod to grant or deny new members access to the site. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

jensclas
Re: Which module is the best for..

You already have this in the core - create groups. You automatically have ananymour, registered and webmaster. Create a 'members' group and call it what you like. Once a member is registered you can give them 'status' as a 'member' and access to certina modules others can't see. Grab the xoops operation guide from the new docs site. If this is too complex go for jack J's XOOPS for dumies in the find help docs thread below.

rapada
  • 2006/5/24 0:27

• rapada

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/20

I already know about that ;) I was just thinking that maybe there was a mod that will send me an email notification about a new member and I can either say yes or no..

no worries if there isn't.

Will_H
  • 2006/5/24 0:29

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Yes, its built into the XOOPS core.

Go into your preferences where it lists "Select activation type of newly registered users" and select "activation by administrators"

msdana
  • 2006/5/24 0:30

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

You can choose to Activate by Administrator in Preferences. You will get an email and then can decide whether to accept them or not
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

340 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 340

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits