wspnut
2.2.3 Installation Problems
  • 2006/5/22 4:23

• wspnut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/15

OK, well, I was running XOOPS 1.13.02 (I think, if I'm remembering right) and I got it setup fine.

And then I wanted XOOPS 2.2.3a.

Well, updating XOOPS failed miserably, so I took my backup of the database and decided to manually add it all to a new install of 2.2.3a.

OK, long story short, I'm trying to install 2.2.3a. The install goes fine, but there's some issues with the modules.

First, there are two private messaging modules listed in the administration. I don't know if this is a problem, but it was definitely weird. What's causing more problems is trying to install modules from the "Community" module pack.

Any time I click the "install" button for a module, it brings up a blank page. When I refresh the page, the module administration page shows the module as installed... but nothing appears in the administration menu (to set preferences for the module) nor does it show up on the main menu on the regular pages.

Any ideas? Here's my info:

Debian Linux
Apache 1.3.33
PHP 4.4.0
MySQL 4.0.24
XOOPS 2.2.3a

And the modules giving me problems were in the package:

CBB 2.2
SmartFAQ 1.04

Any help would be appreciated.

ghettonet
Re: 2.2.3 Installation Problems
  • 2006/5/22 6:15

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but it sounds like a permission problem. XOOPS can be tricky like that because of the complexity. 9 out of 10 times when I get a blank screen it's because I screwed up the permissions somewhere.

jensclas

if you take a look at he XOOPS download page you will see that 2.2.3 is the least recomended of the downloads - sticking with 2.0.13 is better or go up to 2.2.4...or wait - a new release is sometime around the corner

wspnut
  • 2006/5/23 21:17

• wspnut

• Just popping in

I'll try upgrading to 2.2.4

However, with CBB I was getting the problem with 2.0.* too. I'll check my folder permissions as well... although the installer said my required folders were fine.

wspnut
  • 2006/5/23 21:47

• wspnut

• Just popping in

OK, so, I upgraded completely to 2.2.4 and set all my permissions pretty freely in the folders...

Any I'm still getting that blank screen when trying to install CBB 2.32

I'll refresh the modules administration and it will be in the list of installed modules, but it won't appear in the main site or have any preferences to modify in the admin area.

Forcing my way to the /modules/newbb/ area just brought more blank screens.

Every single module seems to be doing this with the blank screens now... even ones that came packaged with the 2.0.13 zip. For instance the "news" module that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want a XOOPS site with decent forums... cause newbb isn't that great. Otherwise I'd be plenty content with 2.0.13

Login

Who's Online

529 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 529

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits