barryc
Page formatting in Xpress/Wordpress
  • 2006/5/14 0:51

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I posted this question on xoopsforge, but got no reply. I'm hoping to do better here.

I have been trying out Xpress as a blogging module under XOOPS 2.2.4. I prefer to use the interface style XOOPS and have the module set up that way in prefs. My one problem is that the title of individual blogs is too large. It appears to use the H2 text attribute. I'd like to reduce the size of that. I tried uncommenting and changing the size of H2 in templates/wordpress/style.css, but that did not seem to have an effect. (I did clear templates_c and my browser cache and I regenerated templates). I also tried placing the info for H2 in my theme's style.css, but again no luck.

It's time to ask for help. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to modify the text attributes of the blog titles in Xpress?

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

msdana
Re: Page formatting in Xpress/Wordpress
  • 2006/5/15 3:03

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Barry,

I'm fairly certain it takes the H2 style from the theme stylesheet. I have WordPress installed on two sites and it takes the color/size of my H2 style in my theme stylesheet.

Did you clear the templates_c and cache folder (including the wordpress folder) after changing the theme's stylesheet? I know you said you did after you changed the wordpress stylesheet, but want to verify that you did it after changing the theme's stylesheet
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

barryc
Re: Page formatting in Xpress/Wordpress
  • 2006/5/15 6:01

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

To the best of my recollection I did clear all the caches when I tried placing an H2 style in my theme's stylesheet. My stylesheet actually doesn't have an entry for H2, and the entry in the wordpress/templates/wordpress style.css file is commented out. That's why I am confused about where the size attribute is coming from.

I overcame the problem on my test site using a kludge, namely changing all references to H2 to H3 in the Wordpress templates folder (i.e. in the php files). That renders the text in question at a size more to my liking, but I'd feel much better if I could do it the right way, namely having the value for H2 pulled from the appropriate stylesheet. I'll have to try putting entries for H2 into my theme's style sheet again and see if I can get it to work.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits