whooven
xcgallery documentation?
  • 2006/5/15 2:23

• whooven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/17

I have xcgallery working well on my XOOPS 2.2.3 site and was wondering how to do something. It occured to me that there is no documentation with the module and Google and Xoops.com searches yield almost no information on how to use this module. Does anyone know of a documentation page or site out there?

I was trying to see if there was a way for people to easily add pics in their galleries to CBB forum topics so they don't keep uploading pictures they want to post in the forum.

And now for a little rant...

I love XOOPS and the modules I have installed. I'm a geek so I didn't mind tweaking here and there to get things to work. However with Xoops, where has the community gone? I don't see a whole lot of collaboration anymore. Modules have no docs, links aren't working, popular projects seem suddenly abandoned. Is XOOPS dying? How come module creators don't setup a wiki or something? All the work I've done to integrate modules, I'd be happy to share things I've learned for the benefit of future installers.

...end rant
"I'm going to see if this internet thing takes off" - someone told me this when I suggested he needed a website.

hydrO
Re: xcgallery documentation?
  • 2006/5/15 6:49

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

Try Coppermine Gallery website. This is an adapted version.

Here is a link to their website
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

MadFish
  • 2006/5/15 7:19

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
And now for a little rant...

I love XOOPS and the modules I have installed. I'm a geek so I didn't mind tweaking here and there to get things to work. However with Xoops, where has the community gone? I don't see a whole lot of collaboration anymore. Modules have no docs, links aren't working, popular projects seem suddenly abandoned. Is XOOPS dying? How come module creators don't setup a wiki or something? All the work I've done to integrate modules, I'd be happy to share things I've learned for the benefit of future installers.

...end rant

Most modules never did have any docs (a new site is in progress but in the meantime you can find what is available here), if there are broken links please *report them*, and which popular projects are you talking about? If nobody is working on a project then it probably isn't popular! There is a Module dev site already and it has a Wiki, though I am not sure if it exactly what you have in mind.

Is XOOPs dying? Well, there's 277 users online as I write. When I first joined 2 years ago it was usually around 50.

Elena123
  • 2006/5/15 10:05

• Elena123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/24

Just a quick question

I have the 1RC1 version, is there an higher version? And if there is, where could I get it?

Thanks for answering and sorry for intromising in this topic!

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits