sceilig
putting extended profiles to work
  • 2006/5/14 9:56

• sceilig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/1 1

I am enjoying using the powerful extended profiles module and have been creating a custom "members directory" page where I can display the members based on the custom fields I have created.

However, I am having difficulty trying to get my head around this XOOPS task - I have my users categorized by a custom field (e.g. type of business). I would like to display a sortof "Yellow Pages" of my users where they are sorted by these categories - the top level page would be just a listing of all categories which have users beneath them.
From a MySQL standpoint, it involves joining 3 tables - users, user_profile and user_profile_field. But I feel that XOOPS probably has classes/functions that would help me with this?

For other problems I have come across, I felt I would have to create a custom solution, but then would stumble across a post mentioning a specific class/function already in place in XOOPS that accomplishes that task. Im hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction with this as well??

I dont want to use any of the Yellow Pages modules since that data is not related to users and I would have to enter all my users as businesses in that sortof module - seems overkill.

Cuidiu
Re: putting extended profiles to work
  • 2006/5/15 20:40

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I would also be interested in something like this.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Hullprod
ME TOO
  • 2006/5/21 13:39

• Hullprod

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

Hi, I havent seen this extended profiles module. I am also looking to do a similar type of thing. But what can this module do?

Thats 3 people who need to do this, there has to be a pro who can help us out?

Peace

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits