Cyfier
'Sections' module, Images
  • 2006/5/4 14:19

• Cyfier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/4 1

ok, i'm a complete newb, i hate using support.

I'm using XOOPS Version 2.0.13.1 and i'm having trouble with placing images on the Articles in my 'Sections' Module, i'm using the image manager to upload the images and then using the my of that image in the 'Sections config' area but the image isn't showing when you go to the Sections page and it list the Section, it's just showing a box with the section title i created with a red cross, the images are Jpegs and i've tried using different browser including I.E, firefox, safari etc so it's not the browser and i've updated everything through the admin pages too?

i need help please, if anyone can give me the "getting images to show in the 'sections' module for dummies" step by step guide i would be grateful.

Additional info -
*Sections version 1
*PHP Version 5.0.4
*MySQL version 4.1.18-standard-log

nickthrolson
Re: Sections module, Images

what im thinking is that your folder for the pics dosent have rights to write to it see if your promissions are set to 777 im thinking that will fix the problem

jensclas

Hi
Quote:
ok, i'm a complete newb, i hate using support.

Well I suggest you get really familar with this site - use the FAQ, search and you will find our support docs all in the thread below called find help docs here. The thread also explains why there are broken links to support docs.

To start you off go to this FAQ on the image manager. There are other FAQ's about images too.

Cyfier
  • 2006/5/5 10:40

• Cyfier

• Just popping in

no, nothing is working, as for setting my permissions to 777, i won't be trying that again, i lost everything lol and had to re-install XOOPS to the server again.
The FAQ's and stuff all discuss the image manager, which isn't the problem, the problems is getting images to show up in the 'sections' area catagories, i'll follow up this post with two screen shots i have of the areas in question, i'd do it in the same post but i'm not sure what the XOOPS code for a line break is lol

Cyfier
  • 2006/5/5 10:42

• Cyfier

• Just popping in

where i want the images to be

Resized Image

Cyfier
  • 2006/5/5 10:43

• Cyfier

• Just popping in

where i believe i should be adding them
Resized Image

WallStArb
Re: 'Sections' module, Images
  • 2006/5/11 14:13

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

The image manager is the weakest and honestly least professional part of the XOOPS core that I've seen. We've had similar problems using the databse to store pics as a BLOB (so I know its not a folders permission thing)

We can upload pics if we use the screens for XOOPS administration. But if we try to upload like a user would while making a post (from the editors) then we see the same behavior, the picture isn't really uploaded and you get that red X where the image is supposed to be.

The image manager needs to get a facelift and a MAJOR overhaul, so it doesn't look like and work so poorly. Or make the image manager an addin so others can make one thats professional and easy to use.

WallStArb
  • 2006/5/11 17:05

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

So who's incharge of this part of the core? The image manager is built in... maybe it should be modularized (along with the banners)

I'm not an expert, but it seems that this is used by nearly every componet/module that allows a posting, and to have it not work correctly seems like a MAJOR issue that needs addressing.

Pastork
  • 2006/5/25 17:57

• Pastork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/20

I am having the same problem that Cyfier has had, and can't find any answers when I search this site or the forums. I have only found this thread, and it doesn't answer the question. Is there another site that might have an answer?

Frankly, at this point I would just as soon not use any images with the Sections module, but that isn't an option, is it? Is there a way to just not use an image and avoid the box with the red x?

jensclas

If I recall correctly I think I ftp'd images initially because of problems i had with image manager - and switch or update to smart section. (from smart factory) - it has it's own image upload section in the admin.

Edit:

A draft document on image manager is here

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits