Eluzion
DMS issues - Documents tied to user accounts?
  • 2006/4/26 23:11

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

Afternoon everyone,

I had the Document Management System installed on my site with documents on it (word and pdf). It was working fine until just the other day I realized it was empty. The only thing I changed was I installed XOOPS Gallery. XOOPS Gallery has a problem where whatever admin account you use to install it won't work with the gallery itself. Well, that was my primary account so I had to delete it and recreate it. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with DMS but it's the only thing I could think of. Could anyone confirm?

Also, I tried reinstalling DMS but I can't seem to get it to work. The repository folder I'm trying to use is in the /modules/dms/, so for the repository path line would I just enter /repository ? I've tried nearly everything I could think of with no success.

Anyways, appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Eluzion
Re: DMS issues - Documents tied to user accounts?
  • 2006/4/30 23:29

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

Bump.

Bender
  • 2006/4/30 23:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I donĀ“t know DMS to be honest.

However any errors with php debug on?

Also some version information might help if someone has experience with this module.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Eluzion
  • 2006/5/1 5:41

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

Ah, good point. It's DMS version 1.4.

No errors afaik.

Is there any other document management module out there? DMS seems like the best one, but I'm not sure why it stopped working.

Eluzion
  • 2006/5/10 18:20

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

Anyone? ;)

wtravel

Are the files still in the uploads folder for that module (I don't know which folder DMS uses for uploads). If you uninstalled the module and files are linked to users, you probably deleted the table with these links.

Before you uninstalled you could have manually changed the user ID linked to each file from your old ID to the ID of your new account.

Eluzion
  • 2006/5/12 18:43

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

Ah bummer. Well, now I know. ;) I didn't have too many documents in it so no biggy.

However, could anyone help me with this question?

"Also, I tried reinstalling DMS but I can't seem to get it to work. The repository folder I'm trying to use is in the /modules/dms/, so for the repository path line would I just enter /repository ? I've tried nearly everything I could think of with no success."

wtravel

In an older post I found:

It should be start at the root directory. i.e. /var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository

HTH

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits