serf1
Best Article Module for Magazine
  • 2006/5/9 9:47

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

I am planning to start an online weekly magazine. I have tried a couple of article modules and found them OK but a bit lacking.

What I need is to be able to create editions (these could be categories or sections) such that when a new edition is published, that section will be displayed on the front page, with previous editions archived.

Has anyone done a similar thing. What article module would be most suitable.

wizanda
Re: Best Article Module for Magazine
  • 2006/5/9 11:13

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok you are still a little broad in your range from what you want to do.....

You see if it is weekly and you want it well displayed I would call that news 1.44, as that has a really good spotlight feature, which you will need if you want to display it well as it sound like you do.

An articles module and there are quite a few with diffrent ranges of functions, some more like the news, smartsections is cross between news and articles, not tried it my self though.

Yet it does say it does what you are suggesting, another way would be wiwimod, which i feel, I to would like,
So to let other make magazine
As all you do with that to create a page is surround it brackets and it creates a page.
so if you want to create a magazine that you can back over and other people will be attract to edit also... then wiwimod

As the web is becoming more interactive, so catering in advance is always a good idea..

Upto you...

If you make what you would like clear from that, then please say, hope that helps.

patagon
  • 2006/5/9 15:16

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

I would test article module (by phpbb, there is another with similar name). I dont know if it does out of the box what you are trying to do but I tested many articles modules and I considered that one the best...it is also actively developed, which is always an advantage.

jensclas

You could also try smart section from Smart Factory

serf1
  • 2006/5/12 16:32

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

I wanted to try Smart section, but unfortunately it doesn't work on my site.

News seems to do most of what I want.

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits