iHackCode
Re: Spotlight view on Xoops.org

so im was thinking a couple of days ago. so here what i was thinking.. .. dude the text for the categories should be links..

file:blocks/xmspotlight_block_news.php
foreach($storyarray2 as $article2)
    {
        if(!
in_array($article2->storyid(),$txt)){

$news2['newstitle'] = "<a href="".XOOPS_URL."/modules/news/article.php?storyid=".$article2->storyid()."">".$article2->title()."</a>";

$news2['storyid'] = $article2->storyid();

$news2['posttime'] = formatTimestamp($article2->published(),$xmspotdateformat);

$xt = new XoopsTopic($xoopsDB->prefix('topics'), $article2->topicid());

$block['image1'] = $xt->topic_imgurl("S");

$block['imgpath1'] = XOOPS_URL."/modules/news/images/topics/";

//$block['category1'] = $xt->topic_title();

[color=CC0000]$block['category1']= "<a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=".$xt->topic_id()."'>".$xt->topic_title()."</a>";[/color]

$block['stories2'][] = $news2;
        }
    }

i added what is in red. and i commented what was in there before so you can see.
for category2 you would use.,. and so on.
[color=CC0000]$block['category2']= "<a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=".$xt->topic_id()."'>".$xt->topic_title()."</a>";[/color]

so what does it do.. just makes the category text link to that categories news. (im not sure on how to explain it, im not good at explaining stuff)

and some unrelated stuff-- today i finally noticed that i spelled SMD wrong. . month or so later.. lol
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

sabahan
  • 2006/5/9 7:10

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

Quote:

defwind77 wrote:
hmm is it easily possible to add more than four categories for news? I've tried adding two separate blocks, however I can't seem to get them to specify which news categories to use - the only related option in xmspotlight is to set the news ID? - Is it something to do with this maybe?

I need to do this also...can anyone tell me how to add more categories in xmspotlight ?

hutman
  • 2006/5/9 11:22

• hutman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/15

yeah this is a brilliant little module and it was supposed to be getting developed further, but nothing appears to have happened - I'd love to be able to easily scale up/down the number of news sections... ;(

Maybe Smartfactory will take it over! ;) They'll be taking over the core too soon!

Bender
  • 2006/5/9 17:23

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I don´t think so ... and ... i don´t think so.

Well i have not seen smd saying the module is dead or something and since he is still around how about posting suggestions on the modules homepage forum onhttp://www.xoopsmalaysia.org/
(and yes ... you can do that in english)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

sabahan
  • 2006/5/9 17:44

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

Quote:

sabahan wrote:
Quote:

defwind77 wrote:
hmm is it easily possible to add more than four categories for news? I've tried adding two separate blocks, however I can't seem to get them to specify which news categories to use - the only related option in xmspotlight is to set the news ID? - Is it something to do with this maybe?

I need to do this also...can anyone tell me how to add more categories in xmspotlight ?

nevermind...found the solution here

works great now....wooooo

iHackCode

Quote:

hutman wrote:
yeah this is a brilliant little module and it was supposed to be getting developed further, but nothing appears to have happened - I'd love to be able to easily scale up/down the number of news sections... ;(

Maybe Smartfactory will take it over! ;) They'll be taking over the core too soon!

this is what i have been working on today. set preferences on how many u want. and at the news spotlight tab. you can set what goes in each category. and cloneable blocks.. but uh.. there is really no point. but.. its in there lol. and a blocksadmin area. so u can see all of the modules blocks (future feature.. for other spotlights. like a smartsection spotlight block or something)

but i still gotta edit the case 'submitcat': for saving the categories and modify the template.

Resized Image

i should contact SMD later.

sabahan
  • 2006/5/10 2:00

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

hope to see new release of xm-spotlight (for 2.2 & 2.0) soon...

iHackCode

ok got the saving part done.. was confused earlier why it wouldnt save.. i forgot to add more rows to the table for the extra categories.

hutman
  • 2006/5/10 8:14

• hutman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/15

this looks incredible bandit-x! How close do you think it is to being released?! If you need any help testing etc etc - I'm more than happy to help - this'll be a superb little module soon!

iHackCode

changes from the one SMD released would just be
-the things discussed in this thread (post date. author name)
- and the ability to set how many categories to include in the block.

once i get the block/ and template modified i will send it to SMD to look at.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits