Cuidiu
Admin Login
  • 2006/5/8 20:30

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

This is strange. I can only login as the admin with Firefox. If I use Netscape or Internet Explorer, I get the incorrect login message - even though the login is correct. I get the incorrect login message with Firefox if I type in the username and password manually but it still lets me in as admin. If the Firefox password manager auto-completes the fields and I hit enter, I have no problem getting in AND no error message. I checked the password manager just to make sure I was remembering correctly and it shows the same password I was using with Netscape and IE. I also tried logging in from my husband's computer but got the same message and could not get in.

I searched the forums but didn't see this problem though I did try some of the remedies from posts with similar problems. I checked my firewall, deleted cookies, etc. Has anyone heard of this? I'm using XOOPS 2.2.4 with Protector, Windows XP, DSL modem connect, Panda Platinum protection (Firewall, antivirus). Does this have something to do with how XOOPS is set up or is there something else in play?

Can anyone help?
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Will_H
Re: Admin Login
  • 2006/5/8 22:08

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well XOOPS passwords are case sensitive, perhaps that is the culprit.

Regardless. if you click on "forgot password" then put in your username, you can reset your password.

iHackCode

some letters look the same as numbers like. L and One or. uh.. that is the only one i can think of right now.

changing/resetting your pass is a good idea too.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/9 1:23

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Hi Biteronboard and Bandit-X,
Quote:
Biteronboard wrote:
Well XOOPS passwords are case sensitive, perhaps that is the culprit.

I wish that were the case but it's not. As I said, I checked the Firefox password manager where you can view the passwords and it's all lower case.
Quote:
Bandit-X wrote:
some letters look the same as numbers like. L and One or. uh.. that is the only one i can think of right now.
changing/resetting your pass is a good idea too.

It's on a demo site and it's the same password as all the other passwords I've put in. It's been a few weeks since Firefox has been filling in the password field for me so I checked to be sure, and yes, same password as all the others. It's a very simple word all lower case - not easy to mess this one up - even for me.

I suppose I could give resetting the password a try but that seems to be addressing the symptom rather than the problem. I guess since no one else here so far has heard of this issue - I'm outta luck!

Thanks anyway.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits