pnppcs
Great in IE Terrible in Firefox :(
  • 2006/5/8 22:13

• pnppcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

Hi guys n gals, I have been working on a website for a little while now and i'm having a few dramas with Firefox accepting the theme (or the theme accepting Firefox). Viewing with IE the site is as it should be, however when viewing with Firefox the left blocks take up the whole page and the center content is under them ;(

Maybe someone has had this trouble before and could help out a touch? Any help would be great and muchly appreciated.

You can view the website at www.alh.cifug.com

Regards,
Marty.

rabideau
Re: Great in IE Terrible in Firefox :(
  • 2006/5/8 22:19

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

You are not using tables, divs, and other spacing in standard form. I'd guess you're using width= 9999px and now can see that IE and Firefox don't count pixels the same way.

Make certain that you are not using Clear commands also as they will mess things up in Firefox .
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Bassman
  • 2006/5/8 22:20

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I think you'll find Firefox is reading things correctly, not IE. I haven't looked at your page source, but i'm willing to bet you're missing a closing tag somewhere in your theme.html, or a closing bracket in style.css for your theme.

pnppcs
  • 2006/5/8 23:25

• pnppcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

Thanks guys, I had precviously checked my theme.html file code and tags and found nothing wrong.

But after reading your posts I realised I hadn't checked my html coding on some of the custom blocks I had in the left column.......and low and behold I had left a table tag open.

I was going out of my mind lol.......thankyou very much for the nudge ;)

Marty.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits