Jessie
Deleted modules still show up in admin
  • 2006/4/30 7:39

• Jessie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/30

I installed XOOPS about a week ago, and I really love this system. Today is the first time I've run into a problem. My host did some work on the server and my database disappeared. They restored from an earlier copy, but the problem I am having is two modules I had deleted have reappeared in the admin modules list.

By deleted I mean I previously uninstalled them, then deleted the modules from the module directory. Prior to the database fubar, they were not showing in the module list.

Only the database was restored. I checked the modules directory and the modules were not restored.

I have looked everywhere to find how to get them off the module list. I even tried reinstalling them, then deleting them again to clear the list but no luck.

Where is this info stored & how can I remove it? I looked in the modules table, but it shows the correct modules, not my two phantoms.

Caches are off, debug mode did not report anything concerning these two modules. I've even cleared the template cache, my browser cache, cookies, sessions, ect... No luck.

Any ghost hunting ideas?

WarDick
Re: Deleted modules still show up in admin
  • 2006/4/30 7:52

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Use a tool like phpMyAdmin to manually remove the module tables from the data base.

If you do not have a tool such as this restore the modules to the modules folder and then uninstall the desired modules.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

Bender
  • 2006/4/30 8:29

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I would even try the other way round first. Restore the module folder and try uninstalling again. Because if there are things left in the database it will include group permission entries and others that are most likely not inside the modules own tables so that if you only delete those you would get some leftovers.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

pessi
  • 2006/4/30 12:01

• pessi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/16

I had a similar problem and believe me its frustrating because they appear in a day and again disappear...and so on...

What solved the problem for me was...

I had installed iMenu module and removal of this module somehow solved the problem.

cheers
prasad..

Quest
  • 2006/4/30 12:15

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Have you tried clicking on the update icon for the system module to update your system? If that doesn't work and you said you already did the reinstall and uninstall procedure, then you will probably have to do WD suggested in phpmyadmin.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

320 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 320

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits