vpltz
Online Documentation Not Working & Several Themes/Templates Questions
  • 2006/4/23 2:44

• vpltz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

Hello. I'm trying to set up a sub-site of my website with Xoops. It has been installed professionally, so that's fine, but I am having numerous other problems.

First, the online documentation for XOOPS as is referenced on the front page of Xoops.com goes to a broken link. Can someone tell me where to go to get the users manual or whatever you call the online reference manual for Xoops?

Also, I downloaded several themes from XOOPS including (for example) this one: https://xoops.org/modules/library/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=5.

I've tried them all after uploading but none will show on the site. The site still looks like that basic default template it always did. Why? What do I do to fix this?

Also, can someone tell me how to use XOOPS as a community blog? Several major sites used to use XOOPS for this very thing, which is why I went with it. However, it is so cryptic, I can barely figure out how to do anything, and I've run Drupal, wordpress, MT and other sites before. HELP!

JMorris
Re: Online Documentation Not Working & Several Themes/Templates Questions
  • 2006/4/23 3:37

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

At present we or working on rebuiling the XOOPS documentation.

In the meantime, you can read up on many of the basics in XOOPS for Dummies (by JackJ), you can reference the F.A.Q. section on this site, and you can find an abundance of information by using the Search Form at the top right corner of the page.

To answer your question about using XOOPS for a Blog...

If you install the WordPress module available at XOOPSforge, you will have a very flexible Blog.

Hope that helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jensclas
Re: Online Documentation Not Working & Several Themes/Templates Questions

You will find a temporary link to all known available documentation in the find docs here link below. HTH

Login

Who's Online

430 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 430

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits