txsbmw
Re: Downloads Module
  • 2006/4/21 0:36

• txsbmw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/24

XOOPS is really EASY to use. I've never worked with php or databases or CMS. XOOPS was my first and within one hour of downloading it I had updated it to 2.2.4 and installed 5 different modules all of which I was excited to find considering I had thought the only customization I could do was with way came with the XOOPS download. Boy was I wrong. Most modules just require you to upload them to your modules folder, going to the Admin section of your site installing the module from there and updating the system module. And most modules have files which will tell you step by step how to install them. You can easily upload and install 5 modules in 5 minutes. But like all software when you have never used it before you do need to take some time figuring how to use it.

Oh and there are several free FTP programs out there that will allow you to upload files.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 3:12

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Try WinSCP3

Again though, there is going to be a learning curve... Stick with it, you really will not regret learning how to do this stuff. Being able to understand how to troubeshoot is really imporatant. So take your time and read read read read read, then go to the bathroom, cuz when all this finally clicks you are gonna #OOPS# yourself.

Catzwolf
  • 2006/4/21 3:20

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

WF-Downloads has upload abilities no matter which version of Xoops.

davidl2
  • 2006/4/21 6:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

WF-Downloads 3.1 RC1 certainly has this, and can be found at: www.smartfactory.ca

Pastork
  • 2006/5/1 16:00

• Pastork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/20

Thanks for all the replies! And thanks for those of you who had no trouble telling me like it is.

I had already searched the FAQ's and the forum and hadn't found any help, so I chatted with my web hosting companies online helper on Yahoo Messenger.

In about 10 minutes I had downloaded FileZilla and was uploading files that I was able to link to in the Downloads module.

I guess I had really been spoiled using a site-building program before that really didn't expect you to learn much of anything. But I have enjoyed learning the basics I hadn't known before, and I am very pleased with the results of the XOOPS site I have created so far. My dissapintment has turned to satisfaction! It really has let me do all the things I wanted to do.

Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits